“Favorite place in town”

Soul Mountain Cafe
Ranked #32 of 88 Restaurants in Front Royal
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic Cuisine; some fusion with a whole lot of Soul! Not soul food, but food for the soul in a mountain of flavors. Our eclectic menu is crafted to suit all appetites because we take pride in preparing all plates fresh to order, so have patience for real food, not fast food. Excite your palate! Absolutely the best BBQ in the valley. Known especially for our brisket, pulled pork, and St. Louis style ribs with our house made Doc’s BBQ sauce, right here on 300 East Main St. in historic Front Royal, Virginia, We serve American, Barbeque, Burgers, Cajun/Creole, Caribbean, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steakhouse and Vegetarian cuisine. We take reservations; walk-ins welcome. We are happy to book for large groups, promote a kid-friendly environment, and provide Take Out, Delivery, and Catering services. Outdoor seating available for the warmer months. Our hours of operations are: Tue – Thu: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm Fri – Sat: 12:00 pm – 9:00pm Sun: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Some of the best food you'll have anywhere. My wife and I both LOVE this place, and we go as often as we can.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

great food in a small town, the jambalaya is the bomb! and the service was excellent. Great place to stop

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were meeting some family members passing through FR for lunch, and this turned out to be a great choice. Their fryer was broken, but no matter -- their extensive and interesting menu offered something for everyone. I loved the black bean burger with mango salsa! The sides were great. Our waitress was very attentive. The location, right by the Front Royal clock, is perfect.

1  Thank Maura K
Reviewed May 30, 2013

A slow bite as opposed to a quick bite, that is! Nice place with an indifferent wait staff that was as slow as molasses on a cold slab. Their "Boo Boo Cornbread" was good enough, but small and a little dry. We had to ask for butter for the cornbread and it was not replenished unless we specifically asked. I ordered the Jambalaya with Anduille sausage and shrimp and it was very yummy. Everyone else at our table seemed to be happy with their food, but it came so late as to jeopardize one of our party who had to meet curfew at Randolph Macon Academy. I'd go again but only if I had lots of extra time and was not very hungry to begin with because I'd be starved by the time the food arrived.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I like stopping here for lunch; that's the only time I've ever eaten at the cafe. Decent food with quick service and a view over a busy main thoroughfare.