“DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Soul Mountain Cafe

Soul Mountain Cafe
Ranked #31 of 87 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Eclectic Cuisine; some fusion with a whole lot of Soul! Not soul food, but food for the soul in a mountain of flavors. Our eclectic menu is crafted to suit all appetites because we take pride in preparing all plates fresh to order, so have patience for real food, not fast food. Excite your palate! Absolutely the best BBQ in the valley. Known especially for our brisket, pulled pork, and St. Louis style ribs with our house made Doc’s BBQ sauce, right here on 300 East Main St. in historic Front Royal, Virginia, We serve American, Barbeque, Burgers, Cajun/Creole, Caribbean, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steakhouse and Vegetarian cuisine. We take reservations; walk-ins welcome. We are happy to book for large groups, promote a kid-friendly environment, and provide Take Out, Delivery, and Catering services. Outdoor seating available for the warmer months. Our hours of operations are: Tue – Thu: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm Fri – Sat: 12:00 pm – 9:00pm Sun: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Bowie, Maryland
“DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Ate there 8/24 with the husband. Thought it would be a nice change of pace. Thought it would be fun. Ordered Surf and Turf....they changed out the steak for ribs and still charged same amount. The appetizer was cold. The husband and I WAITED 2 HOURS for our food. The potato's came in a pile that looked like a tuna can turned upside down. It was hot on the bottom and cold in the center. Obviously a reheat. The crab portion of my surf and turf was a crab ball that tasted suspiciously like a Phillips store brand crab cake...but burned on the outside, and icy on the inside. They gave my husband a glass of lemon-aid then when ordered a second glass we were told that they weren't serving lemon aid tonight. (WHAT?!? Then what was he drinking!!!???!!!) Lets not even begin to talk about the Emo waiter who wanted to be anywhere then where he was or doing anything other than waiting on customers...paying customers. I was more than upset...since this was a date nite turned horribly wrong. I did feel sorry for some of the other customers, who, had small children and were stuck waiting hell. I will NEVER eat there again. I advise people to stay far away from this establishment.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank heatherfabboo

Boyce, Virginia, United States
“One of our favorites in the area!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The first time we ate at Soul Mountain, I was skeptical because I am vegan and avoid gluten. We told the owner, Gary, about this, and he made something just for me. It was like a party in my mouth! We now are regular customers there, and the dish he made for me that day has become my "usual." It is never quite the same twice, as he uses vegetables and herbs that are fresh and in season, but it is always delicious!

• Visited July 2012
Virginia
“Poor service; food too spicy for me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I waited almost an hour for our food and the place wasn't busy. I ordered the barbeque; the menu said it was spicy. I thought it would be interesting to try it as I enjoy moderately spicy food. When it finally came, it was so spicy it was inedible for me; it burned my mouth. Quite disappointed, but the ambiance was okay.

• Visited August 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Better options in Front Royal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Can't say my wife or I enjoyed our meals. I had the salmon which was swimming in BBQ sauce and my wife had the chicken which was like leather. Good location and we've heard good things about the food but we must have picked an off night.

• Visited July 2012
Front Royal, Virginia, United States
“The food isn't bad...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

The food is not bad, and you can tell that it is fresh, but the service stinks and you have to wait forever for your meal...and by forever, I mean, plan on being there for at least 2 hours...

Visited November 2011