“Poor service; food too spicy for me”
Review of Soul Mountain Cafe

Soul Mountain Cafe
Ranked #29 of 89 Restaurants in Front Royal
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eclectic Cuisine; some fusion with a whole lot of Soul! Not soul food, but food for the soul in a mountain of flavors. Our eclectic menu is crafted to suit all appetites because we take pride in preparing all plates fresh to order, so have patience for real food, not fast food. Excite your palate! Absolutely the best BBQ in the valley. Known especially for our brisket, pulled pork, and St. Louis style ribs with our house made Doc’s BBQ sauce, right here on 300 East Main St. in historic Front Royal, Virginia, We serve American, Barbeque, Burgers, Cajun/Creole, Caribbean, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steakhouse and Vegetarian cuisine. We take reservations; walk-ins welcome. We are happy to book for large groups, promote a kid-friendly environment, and provide Take Out, Delivery, and Catering services. Outdoor seating available for the warmer months. Our hours of operations are: Tue – Thu: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm Fri – Sat: 12:00 pm – 9:00pm Sun: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I waited almost an hour for our food and the place wasn't busy. I ordered the barbeque; the menu said it was spicy. I thought it would be interesting to try it as I enjoy moderately spicy food. When it finally came, it was so spicy it was inedible for me; it burned my mouth. Quite disappointed, but the ambiance was okay.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Can't say my wife or I enjoyed our meals. I had the salmon which was swimming in BBQ sauce and my wife had the chicken which was like leather. Good location and we've heard good things about the food but we must have picked an off night.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The food is not bad, and you can tell that it is fresh, but the service stinks and you have to wait forever for your meal...and by forever, I mean, plan on being there for at least 2 hours...

Reviewed June 21, 2012

In a small town like this before Soul Mountain Cafe, the most exotic thing we had was Taco Bell. Gary's menu boasts a wonderful selection of incredibly aromatic dishes from wraps and salads to steaks and seafood. You may not be able to drink alcoholic beverages here but the food alone is totally worth it.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Just came back from trail riding in the Shenandoah Valley and we treated ourselves to lunch in Front Royal. And what a treat is was...pulled pork sandwiches with Chef Gary's unique barbecue sauce, black bean burgers, curried chicken wraps with mango and those corn bread muffins all so delicious. The staff were so friendly and we had a chance to speak to the Chef about his creations. He says he cooks from the heart and it certainly tastes that way.