“A-OK”

Motel 6 Front Royal, Va
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Reasonable for the price which is low . Aged and somewhat worn. but still worth the 4 day stay . Clean . Continenal breakfast in a workshed environment but still yumy .. Comfortable beds , lots of hot water , small kitchenette small tv , good wifi .. would go back

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deadfreds

Reviewed October 4, 2010

I did some research on trying to find a motorcycle-friendly motel in Front Royal. It was hard to really find much on any sites, but somehow I found a commentary that the bike could be parked right outside the window. The rest of the place sounded OK.

I was a little put off about the exterior appearance. Didn't look wonderful, but then again, there are many similar places in Front Royal. Once I checked into a first-floor room (bike outside), I found that while it was a pretty plain room, everything was clean, and there were a few amenities, including small refrigerator, small microwave, HBO on on the TV, and very fast free WiFi (12KB D/L...I tested it). Bathroom was bare bones, but very clean, with enough towels for me. in my room there was a ceiling fan, and a controllable heating/AC unit.

There is a pool, but it was not open. Free breakfast was a little spartan, but there was enough there for me to not need to stop by McDonald's later.

Price seemed OK ($65/night plus 11% tax).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2010

As we wanted to visit both the skyline drive and Washington DC for a couple of days we looked at hotels in the area. As we also needed to look at the price this hotel turned up as our best choice at Tripadvisor. Although the hotel looks some older, the rooms were nice, clean and comfertable. We could have stayed at nationwide known hotels (best Western, holiday inn express, etc) but then we would have paid two times more. The motel is close to a lot of good restaurants (mexican, chinese, grill, etc) and all kind of shops are just a mile away.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ingequincy
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The motel is in a good location and the exterior, lobby and pool were all nice but the rooms are really shabby. We are not high maintance people at ALL when it comes to hotels but the carpet was filthy and there was a cigarette hole burned into the pillow case. It was definitely one of the worst hotels I've stayed at in a long time which was pretty surprising considering all the postive reviews online.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank batmankaren
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Stayed with my family and grand kids, needed a clean and reasonable place to stay
near Shenandoah State Park checked prices at well known hotels and motels and
also not so well known motels prices were outrageous at popular hotels and motels even with AAA discount, and local motels were not very clean and secure even though prices were lower.
But Cool Harbor Motel was the best place we found at the last minute. they were very friendly especially grandma. newly remodeled, beautiful garden and picnic area with
volleyball net and nice surroundings free continental breakfast, also available washer and drier by breakfast room. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank orpol_1999
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Just stayed over this past weekend with my husband, and the rooms were fairly standard (no frills), but clean and the service was very friendly. Had to ask for towels several times and they were very accomodating. Continential breakfast is no buffet, but for what we paid for the rooms I certainly have no complaints. Internet was available and worked fine.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

My family and I stayed for a weekend in September, and we had a great time. Met the owner who was very nice, and who told us rooms have been remodeled since Feb 2009 which would explain the mixed reviews I've seen. I would highly recommend this place to people who are looking for a simple, clean, place for a terrific price!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Motel 6 Front Royal, Va? Share your experiences!