“NOW THAT WAS FUN!!”
Review of Blue Wing Frog

Blue Wing Frog
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in Front Royal
Description: Casual, eclectic and fun menu. Brunch on Sundays, picnics, take-out or dine-in lunch or dinner. Hearty meat dishes but vegetarian/vegan friendly with lots of entree options for the latter. Gluten free options available as well
Reviewed August 23, 2018

So we were looking for a place to have lunch in Front Royal before starting the Skyline Drive and we discovered this eclectic place. You order at the counter and then set down and they bring you the food. The food selection was wide and varied, the atmosphere was cordial, and local art decorated the wall. During the meal, the owner, Robert, came out to talk with us and gave us the whole story of the place. Very personable and interesting conversation. My wife ordered the hummus and bread and the 'skrimp nibbles'. I ordered the spicy slaw. I'm not a real fan of hummus but the bread, shrimp dish and slaw were most excellent. In fact, the slaw is going to rate in the top 3 of any I've tried and I've tried a lot. The three items were shared and were just enough. We'd go back and we do not hesitate to recommend it.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Listen...who cares about the name when you serve food like this?! I went in on a Sunday at lunch and stayed until 4:pm. It is everything you want in a great food place. Great food. Great drink. Great service. It has originality, traditional takes on good wholesome food. It has truly healthy options and this place has something that I haven’t seen in many joints: PRIDE! They take pride in all that they do. I had the hummus, the shrimp poboy and a few beers. I had dessert and damn near didn’t make it back to my room that day. It wasn’t because I drank too many. It was because I just didn’t want to leave. I was hooping to stay long enough to eat a little more. I live in Louisiana and their PoBoy beats any I’ve had in N’OLa. It is a must if you’re in Front Royal! Please go and have a great time. Engage the old man who owns it and let him keep suggesting you great items from the menu and then dare him to serve them to you. And the prices....not bad at all. It’s all local and it’s all good! Enjoy! Have a great time.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Don't let the downtown appearance fool you, this is good homemade goodies. The wait staff was very friendly, and it seemed everyone there was happy. I will definitely go back when in Front Royal. They have a nice selection of craft beers also.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We love going here after our trip to Shenandoah National Park and Massanutten mountains. Great home made food. Love the po-boy shrimp!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Did not like the no greeting at the door. Wondered around dining room before being told it was open seating. I would rate the staff service as poor but there was none! Ordering dinner was like being at a fast food restaurant.
My pork roast was dry and lacked any flavor. Not sure when it was roasted but not that day. If you wanted water or iced tea you had to get your own. No ice.
Layed back service was poor but electronic billing was up to date by intimidating and soliciting large tip.
I will never return.

BlueWingFrog, Owner at Blue Wing Frog, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

(I responded to you privately and got no reply. So I will post that response here.)

I am very sorry that staff was not up front to greet you when you waked in. That is not usual.

The tipping option is there for convenience and there is a clear option for no tip. It is part of the software.

Water and tea are, yes, self serve. Ice is in the wooden chest to the left of the station.

For you pork... I can't imagine it was dry but if it was, I wish that you had brought your dissatisfaction to our attention as I would have immediately refunded the meal that you were not satisfied with. (A rare occurrence). If you give me the details of when you were in, I will certainly make good on that and refund the price of your meal.

As always, if you are unhappy, for any reason - in any establishment, please make your complaints known at the time so that there is a chance for small businesses like me to turn it around then and there.

I care deeply about my business and it pains me greatly to see reviews where we have somehow failed a customer and have no way to make it right or make it up to them. We try very hard to provide a great experience, albeit a little stretch from the same old usual.

Been to Blue Wing Frog? Share your experiences!