“Very Good”

Ranked #20 of 88 Restaurants in Front Royal
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were seated upstairs which was nice it was right next to the bar, so of course we all ordered a few beers. I had a cesar salad and spicy chicked alfredo. I don't remember the alfredo being very spicy at all, so I think anyone could eat it. The salad was very good, they make the dressing home made! It's a cute restaurant, but it was so hot inside! We went in October and it wasn't too chilly, but we were so hot in there! Overall I would go again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My friend and I ate upstairs in the pub. Pleasant atmosphere, service was fine, food was decent. Sour cream was served in the little to-go containers with the peel-back top, which detracted a bit from the meal presentation.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is second time I have eaten at this restaurant. Granted there are some other places to eat in Front Royal but this is right next to an superb visitor centre which is why we chose it the first time around. On the second visit, this time with my grandson, I wanted to check if it was as good as I remembered. It was! The food is home-cooked, the menu extensive and the service excellent. It is not a flashy place but homely with paintings on the wall and spartan tables. These add to the character of the building and they don’t matter anyway as the food is very good. My favourite was the broth, my grandson’s a very tasty burger. Well worth the second visit although the photos are from the first…

Reviewed January 16, 2014

You'll love the food. Unusual décor from the old mill is really interesting. Desert and coffee is a must. Great place for an intimate dinner or a place for a few good friends to gather.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had a large group come to the restaurant after a grueling hike and we were famished. They seated us promptly and the meal was fantastic. Good food and plenty of it! We sat around and socialized over dessert and coffee after, and it made for a very pleasant day. We plan on returning to the Main Street Mill again next month with an even larger group.

1  Thank BobbieCia