“Horrible Service”

Ranked #20 of 88 Restaurants in Front Royal
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Visited this establishment over the Thanksgiving week-end. Restaurant was not busy (3:00 pm) six people in our party and all ordered chili and hot tea. Took 45 minutes to be served. Had to repeatedly get up and ask for hot water refills and check on our meal was. Server was not very pleasant, we even asked the hostess to check on the order and her attitude was non-caring. Once the food arrived it was so-so...nothing to write home about. Do not recommend.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This used to be a pretty decent restaurant, however, it has declined big time. It all starts with management, which I can say, could care less about the impression this place gives. For instance there is one waitress there that actually sits down (in front of her customers) and reads the paper, eats and pretty much just relaxes. I have NEVER seen this before in a restaurant!! I used to waitress myself and that is a BIG no no. The owner doesn't seem to mind though because she has been employed there forever!! That will tell you how much pride is taken in regards to this business. This place is not the cleanest place to eat either. If you're looking for a restaurant with great service for dinner I would heed the warning to go elsewhere. If you get this waitress I would ask for someone else. The food is hit or miss; depending on what kid they have in the back cooking it. Lunch time here isn't too bad but I would definitely avoid dinner all together. It's such a shame because this could be a really nice restaurant with the right amount of attention given to it. I believe the only thing that has kept this place going is location. Joe's Steakhouse would be a better option for this end of town.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

After a day of traveling Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah Mountains, my sister and I were hungry and tired. Having had an unstellar lunch we were really wanted a good dinner. That is what we found at the Main Street Mill. Good simple food prepared timely and very tasty. Dinner was spaghetti w/ marinara and a French dip. The bread stick that came w/ the spaghetti was fantastic, hot, crusty with a hit of garlic sweetness. The marinara tasted homemade, seasoned very well. My sister said her French dip was as good as it could possibly be. The onions were carmelized to perfection and the au jus was not so salty that it puckered you face, as many often are. My dessert was interesting - funnel cake fries. I liked them pretty well - One really can't complain about deep fried goodness! I however didn't care for the strawberry dipping sauce that came with the fries, I recommend the chef makes a daily berry coulis, it would have been so much better! Steve was our waiter and he was delightful and helpful. Overall our experience was excellent.

I must add a side note I found quite funny about Main Street Mill. The bar is located up a large flight of steep stairs.....people who have gotten a little tipsy at a bar usually don't do stairs well. I'm just sayin!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Located right by the Visitor's Center in the Historic Area , this charming spot filled the bill perfectly for a satisfying lunch. The hostess allowed us to choose from any available table or booth in either of the two rooms. The waitress really knew her business. She brewed a fresh pot of excellent decaf and served hot tea properly. Kept us well cared for without interrupting our conversation. There were tempting daily specials, but also a well-rounded large menu of soups, salads, sandwiches, subs, etc. The vegetable soup was very good. The tomato basil soup was a bit too like a little pot of marinara sauce. Both were clearly house made and fresh. The turkey,bacon and egg club sandwich on marble rye toast was among the best club sandwiches we have ever eaten. the pumpkin cheesecake was house made and wonderful. Will return.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were originally going to go to a different restaurant, but at the last minute found out that they are always closed on Tuesdays, the day we were going top be there. At the last minute, I scrounged around and found The Mill. I'm glad we did.
The Mill is a pleasant place, hosed in an old mill - just as it says. The wait staff was pleasant and efficient. The food was good and reasonably priced. All in all, a pleasant experience. And Front Royal is nice place to wander around, if you have the time.