“Definitely the place to go in front royal.”
Review of Osteria 510

Osteria 510
Ranked #17 of 89 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic italian cuisine local farm fresh ingredients
Reviewed October 5, 2013

They were very personable and helpful. The food was delicious and a good value. Everything is fresh and real. Imagine that! Great, thoughtful wine list.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you haven't tried this restaurant, you are really missing out. My family ate here for the first time this evening and the food was mouth watering. We had the eggplant, caesar salad, tortellini, salmon (my favorite), and dessert. We shared a bottle of red wine recommended by our waitress, who was also extremely professional and attentive. The food, atmosphere, and service combined was seriously five stars. We will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Osteria 510 when we were out last Friday night. We had been to that location back when it was Jalisco's, Soul Mountain, The Village Idiot, 3 B's, Pike Grill and then 3 B's again. We were pleasantly surprised with the interior renovations - warm autumn colors and casual elegance made the restaurant both cozy and charming - definitely appealing.

We perused the menu (which was definitely mostly Italian) pretty thoroughly and began with the Mozzarella/Tomato/Basil appetizer and the fried calamari with spicy dipping sauce. Both were superb. We chose a bottle of red wine - Peter Lehmann - if I remember correctly - it was also delicious.

Entrees: My husband ordered the White Pizza and I ordered the Salmon and Potatoes. The pizza was quite fabulous and tasty! The salmon and potatoes were not so good - somewhat bland and quite uninteresting - probably because it was not Italian so kind of my bad.

Dessert: We had the Tiramisu and the Lemon Sorbet. Both were (again!) quite delicious. I am not usually a Tiramisu fan but I wanted to try it after reading several reviews on how yummy it was! I am so glad that I did because it was the best Tiramisu that I have ever had... creamy, slightly sweet, and so very smooth! I will for sure be getting it again!

I would definitely recommend sticking with the truly Italian fare on the menu - there is plenty to choose from but it is not overwhelming by any means. My husband and I agreed that we would love to go back for future dinner dates. The staff was pleasant and efficient and the food was fresh and served in a timely manner. The menu prices were totally reasonable - our meal consisted of two appetizers, a bottle of red wine, two entrees, two cappuccinos, and two desserts - total including tax was $98.

For us, the biggest complaint would be, of all things, the music! It didn't match the decor, atmosphere or Italian theme. I know it's not a big deal at all but it would have been quite lovely if the music had been less contemporary and more along the lines of Frank Sinatra or something like that.

We will go back and hopefully soon! I am looking forward to trying some of the other Italian fare offered . . .

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was really excited when I found out that we were going to have a new Italian restaurant. So I went there to try it out when it first opened and the food was good. Fresh calamari that was amazing, my risotto had asparagus in it which was too bitter. My acquaintance got handmade mushroom filled tortellini’s which was very good.

After my first experience I was more than willing to come back. I'm not sure I should have. I got a lentil soup which tasted more like split pea soup. There was a roasted eggplant appetizer we tried that was bland and way overpriced, it was a quarter of an eggplant with cheese and red sauce for $11. The menu was different but when I spied the tortellini’s I figured prosciutto filled ones can't be bad, they weren't they were just boring. The sauce over them had no flavor to speak of my friends selection was better, though not by much. She had a red sauce with beef over Penne.

I left the place feeling hungry, and ripped off. I don't normally expect free things like bread, but my friend had asked for it and it took the kitchen 20 minutes to get it to the table. I figured if were weren't getting a small salad with our dinner at least some bread. We had finished our meal by the time it arrived (all three pieces). Our waitress was nice but I'm not sure if she was trained or was just very busy, she always seemed to be in the kitchen.

All in all it cost me almost $60 dollars for a meal for two, with food that I can't justify for that price. I'll give them another chance given that the first time was good but if it's a repeat of the second visit I'll be saying ciao.

2  Thank eyeofcthulhu
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a great small Italian restaurant. Every dish we had was great-- eggplant, spaghetti, tortellini and especially the cannoli It's hard to find good red sauce that is authentic. This place is like home made. Definitely try this place.