“Slowest service I have ever seen!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #43 of 87 Restaurants in Front Royal
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
west of Washington, DC
“Slowest service I have ever seen!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stopped at McAlisters Deli to grab a quick sandwich "to go" when we were in the area. Big mistake - will not be stoping here again. Our biggest problem was the service - HOLY COW...COULD THEY HAVE BEEN ANY SLOWER? There was no line when we got there, and they had three people at the counter and SIX in the kitchen. Still it took almost twenty minutes for our order to come out - nothing fancy or hot, just two cold cut sandwiches.... Once we finally got them, they were OK - nothing special. Not worth the wait and not worth the price.

• Visited July 2014

Front Royal, Virginia
“Tasty carryout for a picnic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

The baked potatoes are killer.... So many toppings. It's 2 potatoes in 1.... A nice change over a burger or Sandwich.
Go Spuds!

Visited June 2014
Falls Church, VA
“Get the Savannah Chopped Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Savannah Chopped Salad is absolutely delicious and only $8. It's a great deal. The meat sandwiches are good, especially out here in the mountains of VA. Look I grew up in NY, so that spoiled me. But that Savannah Chopped Salad is fresh, filling and non-fatty--you'll love it as an adult for lunch. Also, there is plenty of area to spread around and eat. It's not an overly loud place. The deals are good!

• Visited May 2014
Front Royal, Virginia
“Great Sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I ate lunch at this place with a friend on 12/27/14. I'd been wanting to try the Cranberry/Turkey/Apple sandwich, but with lettuce instead of apples. I WASN'T disappointed!!! IT tasted FABULOUS!!! I kept thinking about having another one for several days after eating it, lol. With the sandwich I had fresh veggies--cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. They were NOT overcooked and tasted great (you have to season them yourself). I like crunchy veggies (just a little steaming), so I was very happy.

I've eaten sandwiches from here before and they were always great.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kisha M
Brandy Station, Virginia
“Great sandwich selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had the turkey with cranberry/orange sauce sandwich and the wife had a grilled chicken salad. Both were generous servings and made with fresh ingredients. Seemed like very good value for the will definitely be back. Service was excellent as we were in and out in minutes. Better then other gourmet shops like Panera, but not the selection.

• Visited September 2013