“Never again.”

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #37 of 89 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were looking for a reasonably priced, good tasting meal that would not take too much time out of our travel schedule. We lost on all counts. The menu looked interesting and the prices seemed reasonable so we gave it a try. The plan was to take a menu and, as we travel by here regularly, phone our order ahead to have it ready when we got there. After waiting over 30 minutes for the food, what we got was bland and certainly not worth the wait or the price. Very disappointing. We put the menu back in the rack. Next time through, we will simply do the McDonalds or Roy Rogers nearby. At least we know what to expect.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Ate here last night while staying in town for work. I ordered a large Iced tea, which love here, and a Grilled Chicken Salad. The salad comes in a weird bowl that is way too tall and slopes down. The only reason I say too tall is because I was trying to read a newspaper and the bowl got in the way. Salad and chicken were fresh and tasty. The staff were friendly and the restaurant appeared clean. I did visit the restroom and although it appeared clean it really stunk. Smelled like an old gas station bathroom.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This deli style chain has a good selection of sandwiches to choose from. There is also a selection of baked potato and salads as well. The pepper jack turkey with bacon and cheese and honey mustard was very tasty. My wife had the four cheese griller which does not disappoint. The soup options changed as I was ordering and the soup I wanted to was the chosen one to be gone. This store does not carry the potato soup as often as the Harrisonburg store which is disappointing. The staff are fantastic with the order process and getting your food to you promptly.

1  Thank PuffD
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Whatever happened to that good ole deli-cious place so fondly remembered from back in the day at Ole Miss? This third time dining experience at another franchise location was definitely NOT the charm! Why aren't the owners and managers of these Mickey-A's able to uphold the sterling standards of the original McAlister's in Oxford, Mississippi? So pleased on this visit that the pot roast spud had returned to the menu, and just as excited to try the new pulled pork, as well, but both so disappointed with potatoes too dried out (overbaked or microwaved to order?) even with gravy AND butter added! Difficult to imagine enjoying a meal ever again at one of these corporate counterfeits )-;

Reviewed August 1, 2013

They had so many different kinds of baked potatoes that I didn't know what to try. I asked the girl who rang up my order what her favorite was and ordered that. It was excellent! Also had a wonderful salad with lots of toppings. Very good meal.

1  Thank Walking_owl