“Great sandwiches!”

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #33 of 94 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The place is just like panera without the bakery. Great selection of sandwiches and soup, they also offer spuds with interesting toppings. Don't know if this is a big chain, this is the first time I saw one or been to one. Just a little pricey to me.

1  Thank giemony

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This location was a bit of a disappointment. It is relatively new in the area and is seemingly popular as our teenage grandson made the decision to eat here. The restaurant might be described as a fast-food deli. After waiting in line to place your order, you find a seat and your food is delivered to you. We found the service to be pretty good although the ordering process was very confusing. I selected chili which was listed in a single size and was asked what size I wanted. I selected a "loaded potato" entree which came with a side. Chili was not listed as an available side but I was asked if I wanted it to be my side. I said that I wanted it separately but because I ordered the large size chili, I didn't receive a side. I was charged for the chili order but received no credit for the missing side with the potato. The chili arrived and was barely room temperature. It was returned and warmed, however. My entree was to include au jus as it was topped with 1/4 lb. of sirloin. Based on the size of a 1/4 burger, the meat serving on the potato was less than I expected. The potato was of a generous side but it was not hot enough to melt the room temperature butter pad that I received. The chili was not the type of chili you expect as a side dish or appetizer but more similar to the type added to a hot dog. It did not contain beans. The potato had so little au jus on it that I could not even tell if it was added. It was quite dry as well. I had my entire family and expect for our grandkids who think fast-food is 5-diamond quality, the adults were either disappointed or barely satisfied. I probably wouldn't go back unless our grandchildren really insisted.