“Great food”

Thunwa Thai Cuisine
Ranked #10 of 88 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is the best thing that has happened to Front Royal since the river came through. Have been there many times and it keeps getting better. The price is always a good value.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just had a delicious meal at Thunwa in Front Royal. Thanks to TripAdvisor i read about this place. Though I drive through the area often I had not heard of it before. It is in the building where the Quality Inn is located. After reading some of the reviews we were pleasantly surprised when we entered as I was expecting a hole in the wall which is not the case at all. Casual and pretty setting.

We started our meal sharing the fried spring rolls and the chicken soup in coconut broth with mushrooms and cilantro. Excellent! I had the house special of Sweet and Sour Fish with vegetables and fruits for $11.50! my husband ordered the cellophane noodle dish with shrimp, vegetables and topped with flaked crabmeat $8.95. Both delicious and beautifully presented. Attached are photos.

Excellent prices, all the above including two jasmine teas totaled $39. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank nadineVa
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Finally! I don't have to go to Winchester any longer for thai food! The red shrimp or chicken curry is amazing, spring rolls are fresh and delicious and the service is very friendly. Not a lot of atmosphere (they are in an older hotel and the dining area needs some work), but so worth it for the amazing food.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is not the best thai I've ever had but it is perfectly good, and for the low prices it's a great deal. My only complaint (food wise) is that I've yet to convince them that I truly do want it "thai hot", but we'll work on that. Service is a little spotty, not out of lack of caring but simply lack of experience. I hope this place sticks around, it's very nice to have good cheap food choices!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Yep...it's true! And it's good too! The owners are really nice and are working incredibly hard to get their new place off the ground. The food is good...we've had the shrimp and chicken appetizers as well as the soups....the pad thai is good too...and the mango/sticky rice is fantastic...