Incredibly disappointed. Warning, you could travel here only to be cancelled at the last minute! Make sure you know that and are ok with that in advance!
We planned our holiday getaway around this event...big mistake! After you make your reservation, you will be told that they will call you the night before after 8pm. Only learned this after all the back and forth, details, etc. and after giving my credit card. Ok, cool I guess. Well, scheduled on Friday for next available Sunday sunrise ride, (wanted Saturday but no luck) instead of taking family to beach for long holiday weekend.
So, drove 5 1/2 to 6 hours in holiday traffic to hotel Friday night in Front Royal. Slept in due to driving exhaustion, and floundered around area on Saturday. Saturday night, called at 9:30pm to be notified flight is cancelled, due to bad weather potentially. Game over. Have wasted $150 in gas round trip in Jeep, $150 in Pet Motel fees back home, $300 in hotel fees here so far, plus food expense of whatever that ends up being in total, 12 hours in car by time it's all over, and worst, the only vacation time I have until Christmas! ...and to add insult to injury, I got up at 5:30 am to find not a rain drop in the sky. It's now 9:30am, and the sun is out, wind is literally 1 mph, and at least so far, it's a beautiful day. Full ride would have been over by now.
I know the balloon company can't help the weather, and safety always comes first, so I'm not blaming them, but maybe a go/no-go decision could be made the morning of, rather than the night before? Our holiday weekend is ruined. We've wasted a significant amount of money and time with only disappointment to show for it. We're simply heart broken. Again, do this as an add-on...don't make it the center piece of your trip or you too could end up like us!