“Enjoyed my stay & thank you!”

Hampton Inn Front Royal
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I must say, I have recently stayed at 3 different Hampton Inn's, in different areas, and I am just WOWed. The locations are great, rooms are consistent, and service is pretty good. I am really starting to like the Hampton Inn's and find that I'll spend more to get what I want. (No I don't work for Hampton!) This Hampton was truly enjoyable. Right off the highway, easy to find, right by lots of food choices and shopping. Parking was no problem. We walked in and the place looked great. They had a sign that they were renovating but we couldn't tell? Business Center looked pretty cool...we didn't use it though. Pool looked great too but I forgot my bathing suite so we didn't enjoy it. The Front Desk Agent was busy when we arrived but she was very pleasant. Smooth check in. We went up to our room and it was awesome. The fixtures in the room were really unique and I took a couple pictures to show you. It's sad to say but we both are smokers. This was the very first smoking room that I walked into and I wasn't hit with a smoke smell. I'm thinking it's because it was a newly renovated room? But if it wasn't, I want to know what they are using because it works! Bathroom clean, room clean, tv good, frig and microwave. We left our laptop home this time so we didn't use the internet. Very comfortable. We found a Cracker Barrel right down the street and had a great meal there. Breakfast was booming in the morning. So we got our food and ate in our room. We didn't mind and were happy that we got a free meal! We took a weekend trip to Virginia to go to Shenandoah National Park and drive Skyline Drive and then to the Luray Caverns then Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville - then home . The entrance to Skyline Drive was convenient from the hotel and easy to find. The whole experience starting with our Rental Car (2010 Charger that was sweet!) to our awesome hotel room, to every activity we did, was simply memorable. Thank you Hampton for being part of our great experience! PS. Whoever thought of putting that chair in the corner in the room was a great idea and we used it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
ftryl, General Manager at Hampton Inn Front Royal, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest
Never too late to say Thanks – Right! I know we are very late on responding as over time Positions change, my name is Lisa and I am the General Manger for the Hampton Inn Front Royal . On behalf of the Hampton Inn Front Royal, I would like to personally thank you for choosing us as your home away from home during your stay. It’s been a while since you stayed with us and we would love to have you come and stay with us in the future. Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn of Front Royal. We appreciate your feedback - You are a valued guest and we hope you will stay with us again. We are committed to your comfort.

Also we completed a remodel of our property, finished 2012 and have the following:
our hotel now offers a new Perfect Mix lobby, a new indoor pool, Jump Start fitness center, and business center. In addition to our 102 newly renovated rooms, the Hampton Inn Front Royal also has a brand new Suite Shop, At the Hampton Inn “We love having you here.”

Reviewed October 10, 2010

We called the hotel around 7pm and was quoted $98.10 for a king. When we arrived five minutes later the extremely cordial desk clerk upgraded us to a suite. No problems...good nights sleep...all we needed for an on-the-road stop over.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights. Check in was prompt and efficient. Staff is friendly and helpful. Given a room on the eastern side 4th floor rear near highway off-ramp that was quite busy throughout the night. We asked for another room and were immediately provided a suite on the western 4th floor (beautiful hillside pasture with cows grazing . . what a difference!). Room(s) were very clean, recently renovated. Breakfast is a great addition. Can't beat this place for service, stay, or price. A bit north of Front Royal, but you need to drive to get to anywhere in that region, anyway.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 21, 2010

We were taking a 4 day trip up the Parkway and the Skyline Drive. On the Last night of our trip we stopped in Front Royal. Great town. Beautiful upkeep of the town...flowers and the streets are "friendly". We ate in the mill restaurant behind the Visitors Center and the food and service was excellent. In looking for a Hotel to stay we stopped at the Hampton Inn. The service was great and the room was very comfortable. The bed was perfect and it was clean. I would definitely stay there again. The only complaint I could possibly have is that it was a bit pricey. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 30, 2010

We just finished a 2 week road trip through VA, staying at 5 different Hampton Inns for 7 nights. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and value of those Hamptons we booked - with the exception of the Front Royal Hampton Inn.
When we checked in we inquired about any special benefits for Hilton Gold members. The reply: "Well, we are almost fully booked tonight." What that meant I don't know -- we would have been content with a couple of bottles of water and a smile! We were told to drive to the back entrance to reach our room. We got back in our car, drove to the back only to find access was by stairs - not convenient when checking in with baggage.
The hotel is reached through a McDonalds' parking lot. For the visitor it doesn't appear to be near much of anything else. There were no restaurant recommendations listed in the the room guide so we checked online, got a few names, then asked at the desk for directions or recommendations. They couldn't be bothered - even to offer us a map of the hotel area.
Our room was just adequate - not to the standard of the other Hamptons we visited in VA. The attractive breakfast/warm cookies/hot-coffee-anytime service that we've come to love at Hampton Inns didn't measure up here either.
Bottom line - just no reason to bother.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MichiganCookies

Reviewed April 10, 2010

While driving from Myrtle Beach area back up to NJ, we decided to avoid the whole horrid I-95 corridor going towards Washington/Baltimore (a nightmare every time), and we took a longer more scenic route up along Route 66 (which eventually leads up to Routes 81 and 80 into Pennsylvania). We ended up stopping in Front Royal, VA, and we chose this Hampton because we stay at Hamptons frequently and the location was perfect. It was a very nice and quiet hotel with friendly staff and a nice breakfast in the morning. I wouldn't rate it one of the best ones we've been at (rooms were a bit dated and not 100% clean, but not awful, either).

Very pretty area and we ended up eating dinner at a neat little restaurant in Front Royal called The Mill. Good food, great prices, fast service.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Beeloo03

Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Front Royal, VA in Sept. ’09. It is an average Hampton Inn, meaning that it is in good condition, and typical of modern business travel hotels. We would recommend the hotel, and would stay there again.

What we liked:
1. The bed was very comfortable, and we slept well
2. The breakfast was pleasant, satisfying and plentiful. It included the standard selection of breads, pastries, juices and coffee, cereals, yogurt, hot fresh egg and sausage biscuits, etc.
3. The location is very convenient, just off the freeway (there is, however, a small amount of traffic noise in the morning).

What we didn’t like:
1. The price is quite high (well above what competing hotels typically charge for a similar room). However, there aren't many other nice hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Winchester, VA
Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
19 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley

Been to Hampton Inn Front Royal? Share your experiences!