“Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn Front Royal
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was a good value at a nice, clean hotel with a great location. Very friendly staff. Typical Hampton Inn consistency. Located very conveniently to both the Cedar Creek Battlefield at Middletown and the Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. I would return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
ftryl, General Manager at Hampton Inn Front Royal, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest
Never too late to say Thanks – Right! I know we are very late on responding as over time Positions change, my name is Lisa and I am the General Manger for the Hampton Inn Front Royal . On behalf of the Hampton Inn Front Royal, I would like to personally thank you for choosing us as your home away from home during your stay. It’s been a while since you stayed with us and we would love to have you come and stay with us in the future. Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn of Front Royal. We appreciate your feedback - You are a valued guest and we hope you will stay with us again. We are committed to your comfort.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Hotel was recently renovated and it shows. Rooms and furnishings looked and felt brand new. Service was excellent, even by Hilton / Hampton standards. The property is very convenient to Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park. I have gradually changed my allegiances from another national brand chain to the Hilton / Hampton chain and am glad I have. This location was an excellent example of why.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mforkner

Reviewed May 15, 2012

You expect a Hilton property to provide a nice enough stay. This one met or exceeded all expectations. Place was very clean, staff extremely friendly and helpful. Great selection of HD TV programming. Everything worked in the room. Coffee in lobby was fresh and hot, even at midnight. Breakfast nicely presented, tasty and good quality. McDonalds and competitively priced gas station share the Hotel's parking lot....very convenient. EASY on and off of Rte 66.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnG0327

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Our family booked a room here for the weekend of our son's college graduation and we had a wonderful experience. Nice room, great staff, and fully stocked breakfast each day. Now that our son plans to settle in Front Royal, we will definitely be back for more visits and will most definitely stay again at the Hampton Inn Front Royal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori P

Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for a wedding. We booked a King One Bedroom Non Smoking suite, which turned out to be a fantastic decision. The room we stayed in was 417 and if we go back, I will definitely request this room again. The room was divided into two parts - a sitting room that had a full couch, chair, a desk with a chair, a small table for eating with two additional chairs, fridge/microwave and a TV, and then a separate room with a king bed and another TV. The room itself was clean, spacious, bright (windows in both the sitting area and the bedroom area) and perfect for having people in to hang out. There was even a small sink in the sitting area, separate from the bathroom. If I had to base the rating of this hotel off of the room itself, I would give it 5 stars without even thinking twice. The reason that I am giving it 4 stars is because when I went to check in at the front desk, we received a different room, #103. I am a Hilton Honors member and have my preferences stored within my profile so when I book a room, the hotel can see it under the reservation. We always ask for a room on a high floor and away from the elevator. I know these preferences are subject to availability but Room #103 was exactly the opposite of our noted preferences - on the first floor and literally right next to the elevators and lobby. I had to go back to the front desk and request a different room, which is how we got Room #417. I was a bit flustered as if they had just read the comments in my reservation, I wouldn’t have had to go through the process of requesting another room as clearly both were available. Also, the Front Desk seemed a bit understaffed as there was only one person working the desk while there was a long line to check in. All in all though, this hotel is one I would definitely stay in again if I were in the Front Royal area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pinkrose529

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I had been on the road for about 12 hours and stopped at the Hampton. Great welcome. It's an easy place to find a wide variety of places to eat. And after that many hours on the road, a good place to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Our plan to explore the Skyline Drive needed a good spot to overnight before our morning start. The Hampton Inn - Front Royal was a great place to stay and relax before our start. Easy check-in, clean comfy room, breakfast and all around the perfect spot.

Room Tip: First floor rooms were very convenient and secure.