WINNER WONDERLAND

Scottish Inn Front Royal
Scottish Inn Front Royal
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Front Royal
chicago
“Great affordable motel for the weary traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Listen, it's a motel so there's not a lot of expectation. However, the rooms were large, clean, with a tv, fridge microwave. It's in the perfect location, just off skyline drive. My wife and I arrived late looking for a place to sleep and this definitely fit the bill. Everything was in working order and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank vettore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

When we pulled into the parking lot my sister wanted to leave. There were 3 young guys that looked like drug dealers laying on the stairs to the second floor, another guy was sleeping in a car. The door to our room only had one lock on it. The dead bolt had been remove and paper was stuffed in the hole where the dead bolt use to be. We put a chair under the door knob and stacked our luggage in front of the door to help secure it. Smelt really bad. My sister refuse to shower there. We left the next morning before daylight all the lights in the parking lot and corridors had been turn off. It was pitch black outside our door. If you value your safety go some where else to stay.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms. go some where else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank dollyweaver

Travelers are raving about these Front Royal hotels

Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We weren't expecting a high-end hotel for $55 a night, so we were pleasantly surprised that the room was a good size, clean and comfortable and had a mini fridge. We called ahead to make sure pets were allowed at the time of our stay and were glad to find that the pet fee was only $10 a night per pet. To be realistic, the bathrooms are a bit dated and water pressure isn't so great in the shower, but that is to be expected in an older building. There is a 7-11 nearby and gas station, also 24 hour grocery store and pharmacy is a couple of blocks away (Martins). Only a couple of minutes away from the park.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kmshel73
West Ocean City, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here when we went on vacation to Skyline Drive which is literally 2 minutes away. Do not be turned off by the exterior. Our room had a comfy clean king size bed w a couch and comcast tv and mini fridge and tables. This place was a steal for the price and location. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suez Z
Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel was filthy! Shower was dirty, toilet seat was broken and toilet dirty. Had to ask for towels and then go get them. Stair to second floor were unsafe and rusted. Light did not work when I arrived. Carpets dirty, Bed comforter had something undescribable all over it. White guest towels were brown. And.............I saved the best for last. The sheets had a large blood stain on them. I have asked for my money back but they are not cooperating. I am going to report this to the local chamber of commerce as well as the better business bureau!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE! The entire place needs to be bulldozed down.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank virginatrish
Jericho, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

My girlfriend and I recently spent an unplanned night at the Scottish Inn due to a major snowstorm that forced us out of our campsites in Shenandoah. This Scottish Inn is definitely a no-frills location, but it is sufficient. Our room did have a power chemical smell from the cleaning solutions used, but for a single night day was not problematic.

Contrary to the postings of others, I saw nothing wrong with staying in "this part of town", and as someone who is an AT hiker, I assure you that neither I nor anyone else in my party has any interest in anyone else s valuables.

Heading into this location with the correct assumptions about what you will get will make for a decent night's stay. And having grown up in New England, I am still amazed that there are places you get get a room for less than $50 a night!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Napali
Berryville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

This place is okay if you need a place to stay in Front Royal, but beware. I have worked in the homeless ministry in Front Royal, and many displaced people live at this hotel. Hikers from the Appalachian Trail also stay there -- so just beware of your valuables, etc. Truthfully I can't recommend any good places to stay in Front Royal except the Hampton Inn at the other end of town - which will be more expensive, of course. If I were looking for a place to stay with my family, I would try Flint Hill or Winchester or Warrenton..

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
#4 of 9 in Luray
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Scottish Inn Front Royal? Share your experiences!