“Perfection!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Front Royal, Virginia
“Perfection!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My Mom wanted to treat me and my husband to dinner in town, I'm very happy we picked Joe's Steakhouse, because everything was incredible. The food was out of this world, the service was right on time and the wines were great! Friendly, fun loving staff who pays personal and individual attention to your wants as you are dining. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is local or from out of town, just passing through.

• Visited November 2013

“Ups and downs”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Rather than presenting this with pros and cons, let me bring you through the experience from the start.
First when we walked in (early 5pm) there was confusion amongst the hosting staff. Several staff walked past us without greeting us. It took about 5 minutes for us to get greeted and even then there was still confusion.
After we sat down it didn't take too long for us to get waited on... However, we got lucky. The people who came in before us were getting their bread when we were half done with our entrees. The people next to us still had no bread by the time we left.
On that note, the food was... pretty good. I got joes fav strip, asked for med rare got less than that, was still good though. Steak fries were nothing special. I will say though that there proportions were just right. The salad and bread didn't fill me up before the entree. My wife got the crab stuffed haddock. She liked it, I thought it was a bit burnt on the ends.
Mean while, I got this wood burning smell the whole time we were there. I looked up at one point and noticed it was pretty smoky in the room and then noticed the fireplace on the west wall. This problem came and went a couple times.
At last by the end I saw a couple more tables giving what looked like the manager some flak for who knows what.

In conclusion, aside from some clear operational problems, the food wasn't bad. The place is fairly nice inside and out. Maybe they were just having a bad day.

2 Thank fastcountach
Alexandria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Datenightplanner”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The food was fantastic and the portions were generous (crab cakes were delicious)! Our waitress and the new employee trainee were incredible, very on their game with the service. I would highly recommend this restaurant and I will be going back again.

• Visited October 2013
“I think best steak and service around the area”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Went to joes for our anniversary.. the server was very very friendly and very informative she lets ya know about all specials on menu.. drinks were not to strong but not water either. . Their wine to die for. . My wife says lol... the steak was very delicious c but should be at that price very high end steak house not ur average out back steak house.. we strongly recomend joes to anyone..

Brandon, Florida
“We enjoyed our dinner here.”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had had a long day on the road and found this place for dinner. It was Saturday evening and the restaurant was full. Our waiter (Python, if I remember correctly) took good care of us. For appetizer, we had lobster bisque and Caesar salad. Both were good but nothing amazing. For entrees, we ordered:
Rib eye steak with steak fries and grilled veggies and New York Strip with sweet potato and grilled veggies. Rib eye was good. The food was serving hot and tasty. New York Strip was too rare for me. I asked for medium and they gave me rare. I asked the waiter about grill the steak more and there was no problem with that. The chef came out at one point and asked if everything is ok, and if we needed anything, which was a nice touch. The food was good; steak was done just the way I requested.
The grilled veggies were amazing. For me was the best part of the dinner. We do not order desserts but we saw other people desserts – they are giant, could have fed whole family. Last small nice touch. On the table was a small book with the story of the owner. We enjoyed our dinner here.