“Great food...great prices!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Virginia
“Great food...great prices!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner during a trip to the mountains. The decor was very nice and the wait staff were friendly. We went on a Saturday night but the wait to be seated was short. The bread and olive oil was good. My husband and I both got steak and it was cooked exactly like we requested. Good meal and prices were great. Out meals were around 20 dollars each...which included steak, side, salad and bread. If we are in the area again I would definately come back!

1 Thank tstevens20

Front Royal, Virginia
“Supreme food, service and ambiance.”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The waiter added to our delightful experience. The mussels are the best. The strip steak or the ribeye are the tastiest. Large and delicious drinks. We've returned 3 more times!

Front Royal, Virginia
“The new kid on the block”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I ate there once since it recently opened up about two months ago. I would return again but others in my party said they would not. They need to work on getting all orders correct and ready at the same time. Give them another chance if you've been there and then if your not satisfied, go eat elsewhere.

Luray, Virginia
“Very Impressive”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We had a scrumptious dinner Saturday night at this new establishment. The unique circular main dining room was beautifully renovated with very warm upscale decor. The outside patio dining stepping out the bar area was gorgeous with tables under umbrellas. We can't wait to enjoy that when the weather warms up.

The menu varied from sandwiches/burgers of $8 dollars, salads including Cobb at $12 to prime rib at $21 which is what my husband and I shared. It was a very good quality piece of beef, thick and very well prepared. We ordered ours medium. It was perfect. Great bread, salad and potato. Our friend ordered the chicken primavera dish which was beautifully presented and I'm told was delicious. A decadent chocolate peanut butter bottom dessert was enjoyed by us all which we all highly rated. A varied wine menu was provided as well and I'm sure mixed drinks as they had a lovely new separate bar area.

We used to frequent the building years ago when it was Dean's. The building has had a major face lift and obviously with a huge expense to turn this place around after laying vacant for years.

I should also mention we were very impressed with the professional staff. Very helpful, knowledgeable and well dressed . My understanding is they now serve lunch on weekends as well.

If you are visiting the Shenandoah Valley, you will go by Joe's on your way to the Skyline Drive. We had a delicious meal, a lovely ambiance without a stuffy fine dining experience where you can bring your kids or wear your jeans. We will definitely go back...

Front Royal, Virginia
“A Fantastic Up-Scale Dining Experience!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

What a delightful surprise!! I have gone to the locatiion of this restaurant since I was a child. They have had many owners over more years than I care to mention, but as Joe's Steakhouse, it's absolutely THE BEST it's been ever! New, gorgeous decor; professional and competent wait staff; and an outstanding meal. My husband had the rib eye steak - he loved it, and my filet was perfectly done. The House Salad of mixed greens with walnuts, cranberries and gorgonzola cheese (or you can choose feta) with a raspberry viniagrette was wonderful, and the baked sweet potato came with a cinnamon butter. We can't wait to go back, and it's wonderful to see that Front Royal now has several up-scale restaurants to enjoy. Definitely worth the trip.