“Great Restaurant”
Review of Royal Oak Tavern - CLOSED

Royal Oak Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I ate there on a Monday and were fortunate enough to learn that Monday is their 2 for 1 meal night. Had the ribs and they were about the best that I have ever had. Most nights have a special - Thursday is their rib night.

1  Thank Jelahti

Reviewed April 20, 2012

At first glance, the place looked average like it could go either way. But the food was surprisingly delicious and the portions were more than ample. Good Home cooking with a good variety! The staff was helpful and pleasant!

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We happened to visit on a Monday night, when they had a buy one entree/burger/appetizer get one free deal (good on Tuesdays as well, at least when we were there). We opted for the burgers, which were great. We also tried the "Hawg Wings" appetizer, which we really liked a lot. I think Mondays are their slow days so they are minimally staffed. Even so, the service was very friendly. If you are not in a rush and won't get cranky from waiting a little bit for your food, it's a great deal. We also loved the tavern chips that come with the burgers.

1  Thank neuronsarecool
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This place usually has a fun atmosphere. There is entertainment quite often and I am not just talking about the bar patrons. I've eaten here many times and in general I believe it best to stick to the lunch type entrees as opposed to the dinners. They do sandwiches and such well and they are very reasonably priced. Their dinners are not as tasty or as good a value.

The staff, though friendly, could use a little sprucing up. Maybe it's their casual attire and demeanor that make this place a great bar/sandwich pub and by that same token make it NOT the place to go for "dinner".