“Sometimes you just want to be around people you like”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vino124 - CLOSED

Vino124
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Vino124 is a casual, family-owned and operated restaurant in downtown Front Royal with a daily changing menu focused on local ingredients & eclectic comfort food.This down to earth restaurant features 3 dining areas & a lounge. The main dining room has a casual cafe feel and seats up to 20 people. The side room is a cozy spot with banquette seating and spots for up to 12 people. There are also 2 outdoor patio tables that allow for dining directly on Main Street; great for people watching. The back of Vino124 has a small, but vibrant lounge with sofa & bar seating.Our open kitchen gives our customers the ability to peek at our chefs as they work to create a menu utilizing produce and meats raised locally, as well as international cheese and charcuterie products and fresh seafood. The eclectic, comfort cuisine served at Vino124 is influenced by the staffs travels and homes in Italy, the Mediterranean, and the US Southwest.
Linden, Virginia, United States
“Sometimes you just want to be around people you like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

The whole restaurant is designed to be intimate. You seat closely together. Very often another table will invite you to join them. The wine and beer selections are to die for. Christian and Rachel never cease to surprise me with something new. And Christian knows how to pick a wine for me that is exactly what I want, when I don't know what I want.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Melissa B
vinoe4maggio, Manager at Vino124, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us positive feedback. We look forward to surprising you again in the future!

Front Royal, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sometimes you have to drag me out... and not just because I've had too much wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Vino E Formaggio is my favorite spot. On out most recent trip my husband and I shared a Beef Carpaccio that was just downright scrumptious! My husband, not a wine drinker, was a bit resistant at first to try the "wine and cheese" place but after being introduced to their beer selection he was singing a different tune. All in all, a great place in a casual and comfortable environment.

• Visited March 2012
vinoe4maggio, Manager at Vino124, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
It's always a pleasure to have you as our guests. We will continue to expand our beer selection and menu options for the "non wine drinkers".
Warren Cty VA
“From a glass of wine to a dinner party, "Vino" is a great destination-make it yours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I am a local, frequent customer of VeF,and was surprised at the lack of local feedback. Then I realized I am guilty of not providing local businesses with the reviews they deserve,for good or for ill.
Vino e Formaggio is a great place to spend a laid back Sunday afternoon in Front Royal,as I recently did with a group of friends. A warm,bright spot on a cold day!
We sampled several outstanding wines,some of Rachel's tapas,and then settled in for a late lunch.And wine,of course. The menus are simple,yet sophisticated.
Christian's knowledge of wines has resulted in new "finds" for me, from places I'd never considered before.
I hosted a dinner party at VeF,working with Christian to plan the menu.It was a hit,and I would highly recommend this option. His Orzotto was unforgettable!

• Visited February 2012
vinoe4maggio, Manager at Vino124, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you for continuing to show your support for Vino. It's wonderful guests, like yourself, that help to create the warm and inviting atmosphere.
Ft. Washington, Md
“Turned away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

We wanted to make an order to carry out. The chef told us we didn't want to eat from a box and would not sell an antipasti to go

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Norm L
vinoe4maggio, Manager at Vino124, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you for choosing Vino e Formaggio for a carry-out order. We wish that we could have accomodated you, but we do not offer take-out food. We take great pride in the presentation and freshness of our food, and we feel that it does not hold up to our standards when not eaten at the time it is prepared. In many cases, there is no proper packaging for several of the plates that we serve. We want our customers to have the best dining experience possible, and we do not believe we can give that experience in the area of take-out food. Thank you again for considering us.
Front Royal, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Family/Friends Get together atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

It's a fun and very welcoming atmosphere. Great place to hang out have a glass of wine or beer and relax. Great selection of cheese too.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Beach4MeandFamily
vinoe4maggio, Manager at Vino124, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you for stopping by and sharing your postive experience!