“CUSTOMER BEWARE”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Stonewall Jackson Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Front Royal, Virginia
“CUSTOMER BEWARE”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I just started using tripadvisor and this is one Restaurant Review that I hope everyone will read. Me and my Husband went to Stonewall Jackson Restaurant to eat the “All you can eat Crab Legs” @ $35.99 a person...What a waste of money! The server sat us down at the table. It took 20 minutes to get our first plate of Crab Legs. Mine was cold and hard to remove from the shell. My Husbands were hot and we both ate his first portion. There were two other tables in front of us. They also waited way to long. They sent 3 plates of Crab Legs back. I received my second order after waiting another 20 minutes. They were still frozen. I told the server. She took mine back also. Another table of three was complaining too. The server had way to many tables to keep up with, and people were starting to get really upset, myself included. We waited for another 20 minutes for a re-order, again they came out Cold and this time tasted kind of sour. We asked for our check and left. This is a disgrace to our community! They should never try to have “All you can eat Crab Legs” without the proper kitchen equipment and the right amount of staff. We will NEVER go back to this Restaurant again .

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Jeff T

“Not bad...but overpriced.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I live in Front Royal so I drive by this place almost daily. We ate there once when it first opened but the building was still under repair. I thought it was a bit too pricey for what you get and I could eat elsewhere just as easily. Didn't return until April 2013....

Now they are offering an all-you-can-eat crab legs so my husband and I took a chance. The crabs were pretty good, service was excellent but it's still too pricey for the small entrees. The restaurant is clean but steer clear on weekends...apparently it's renown for being a trouble spot during karaoke.

In closing - nothing spectacular but a good meal can be had.

• Visited April 2013
Staten Island, New York
“Gave them a third chance and never again.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I first tried Stonewall Jackson about two years ago and had a great meal. I tried them again last year and was disappointed. Said I would not try them again. When I asked a local cab driver if they were any good he said yes. NY strip was low quality. Fried Calamari was awful. Never had a Caesar salad with tomatoes. I should have went to Applebee's.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank KCofresi
NC
“Good food for the price”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Prime rib was awesome! Good selection of beer, service good! Slow night when we went there. Draft beers too. Some seafood. Had prime rib on Tuesday night.

Visited January 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Not too bad”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading the other reviews here, I was a little worried about eating here. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The food was pretty good, except for a pesto sauce which seemed to have no pesto in it. The service was good, although the restaurant was empty when we were there. The atmosphere was ok, but don't miss the historical info on the back of the menu. In short, its nothing to write home about, but not a bad place to stop and get a bite to eat.