“Culinary gem!”

Ranked #5 of 87 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: The endless creativity of Chef-Owners David and Stacy Gedney has produced an excellent bistro alternative to the commitment of fine dining restaurants and to the ennui of the countless chain restaurants. Element offers a variety of sapid dishes for lunch and dinner in a relaxed and modern atmosphere, augmented by a full bar, beers on draft and an elegant wine list. We adjust the menu regularly to keep our ingredients fresh and our choices interesting.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by an inn keeper and were blown away! Dinner was fantastic, with personal service and a flare of flavor. A spectacular atmosphere for a romantic dinner. The food recommendations were spot on! We couldn't help ourselves we kept ordering to try more things on the menu! Fantastic wine selection. We were traveling, and just passing through Front Royal. We couldn't have asked for a better dinner spot!

1  Thank mel g

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I wanted to like this place more than I did. It's described as a gourmet sandwich restaurant and the decor is kind of funky -nothing matches and my plate was chipped. However, the sandwiches weren't all that impressive, and sandwiches and a soup were the only things on the menu. We ate lunch here twice. My first sandwich was curried chicken on a roll. The curried chicken was nicely spiced and would have been fine on its own, but for some reason there was also ham on the sandwich. I thought this detracted from the curry. The second sandwich was ham. It tasted fine, but there wasn't enough ham to fill up the roll. My husband had the reuben both times and seemed to like it. The prices are a little high for the area and the quality of the sandwiches. The service was quick and friendly.

1  Thank Pat D
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We tried Element for lunch. Decor is pretty shabby. The lunch menu is totally focused on sandwiches and soups. Their sandwiches were of poor quality, little meat and dry rolls, served with a small pile of potato chips at a high price for Front Royal. You'll have better luck at a local submarine chain. They do have some good beers on draft.

1  Thank areview28
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We celebrated my birthday on a Saturday night prix fixe, 5-course meal. I had Moroccan rack of lamb and my husband had filet mignon. Both were exceptional! The wine selection was wonderful with reasonable prices. The menu states that the owners do not double the usual retail price but mark up their price to cover their costs. We had an excellent Bordeaux from Pomerol that was reasonably priced. All 5 courses were sumptuous. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It was a lovely evening and a great find in Front Royal.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were passing through and found this lovely restaurant through Trip Advisor. The tomato crab soup was amazing and the Reuben and daily salad were too.. A cozy atmosphere as the place is very small. The bar area looked very inviting and the next time we will sit there. Anytime I am in Front Royal, I will stop by Elements!

Been to Element? Share your experiences!