“Not as Good as Before”

Ranked #8 of 88 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: The endless creativity of Chef-Owners David and Stacy Gedney has produced an excellent bistro alternative to the commitment of fine dining restaurants and to the ennui of the countless chain restaurants. Element offers a variety of sapid dishes for lunch and dinner in a relaxed and modern atmosphere, augmented by a full bar, beers on draft and an elegant wine list. We adjust the menu regularly to keep our ingredients fresh and our choices interesting.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not as Good as Before”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great atmosphere in a small bistro type restaurant with great wine selection, etc. Recent change of staff has taken its toll. My wife and I ate there a couple of weeks ago and were disappointed. The food was nothing special but he heartburn lasted all night. I'll go back but I think I want to wait awhile.

Visited April 2013

Washington, DC
“Welcome Surpise”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is great but you would never expect is from the sad look of the exterior (pots with dead flowers, dirty windows). The menu is very interesting. I had an excellent monkfish on creamy polenta and my companion had an appetizer of Asian beef on a pancake that was very flavorful. The mussels were very good. The staff is young and professional. Once inside it is pleasant and intimate, if not on the verge of crowed. There is not much besides fast food in Front Royal so this place is a true find.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Laurie V
“Yummy!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Excellent upscale food with nice portions. Highly reccomend the Js Gourmet sandwich and tomato crab dill soup!

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came to Front Royal for an overnight trip (we only live about an hour and a half away), and I can tell you, we will be returning just to eat here! We loved the ambiance of the place - really small and quaint. The waiter was very busy (Saturday night) but attentive. The homemade bread was good. I got the scallops with mashed potatoes, and as a regular scallop eater, I can tell you these were probably the best I've ever had. Not too tough and not underdone. My partner had the Mignonettes of Beef and could not stop raving about them. We couldn't resist and we each had dessert as well - I had the chocolate mousse which was extremely rich and delicious, and my partner had the baked apple crips, which was probably the best I've ever had. At the end of the night, we had a $63 bill, which included a stout as well. It was an excellent value and quality for the price.

• Visited February 2013
florida
“EST! EST! EST!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Four months afterward, I still remember what an amazing dinner I had here.
Even had ever-so-perfect Creme Brulee and espresso for dessert so I might linger longer. (I rarely have dessert).
Waiter was attentive, bread, wine never ran out, food utterly excellent and most entrees appeared priced under $20. While the decor is nothing fancy, you won't care once the entree arrives.
Element Restaurant, please move to Florida!

• Visited October 2012