“GREAT SUSI & "normal food"”

Yamafuji Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 96 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 540-631-3454
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My wife and son LOVE susi and provided a high rate of approval for the boat platter that was ordered and delivered. Probably enough susi for 4 as we took home a small raft. My Chichen Teriyaki was served on a hot plate with a side of rice and it was delicious. The price was reasonable and the food was great, the only problem was that there was no fish tank. So I am hoping I'll still have good luck in 2011.

Reviewed September 16, 2010

We just had supper at the Yamafuji and enjoyed it very much. My husband had an eel box and I had chicken teriyaki. Both came with soup and salad. Portions were good and the eel selections were great. The bottom layer of the chicken was scorched (hence the 4 - other than that it would have been a 5). It's a nice restaurant, nice decor, friendly people, great service. A good change of pace for us - if we come through Front Royal again we'll go back!

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Went on a Friday afternoon, off hours. Been a while since last visit, and was diisappointed the buffet is only on last Sunday of every month, so I sat at sushi bar. The lunch buffet last time was great, I remember the sauted japenese cabbage .
Was treated to a spicy seafood salad even before ordering, like ones I've paid 6$ for. Great & free. Ordered unagi bento box for 10$. 4 unagi sashimi, 2 unagi sashimi, edamame ,2 gyoza, salad, miso soup, small seaweed salad. Everything was excellent. Also ordered salmon skin roll and spicy tuna roll (recommended). When I say this was a lot of food- believe it. At the end the sushi chef gave me 2 pieces of avacado/tempora sushi free again!
I highly recommend this out of the area restaurant, it was excellent. And I've been to 100's of sushi bars. Maybe not the fanciest of restaurants , but food quality -taste & service was top notch bar none.

1  Thank Chrissmurf
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We found this restaurant on a recent trip to VA wine country and I'm so glad we did! We had a fabulous lunch, one of the best I've ever had at a Japanese restaurant. We both had the veggie bento box, which was extremely generous for its $8 price tag, with soup, tempura, CA roll, edamame, teriyaki, and more. The sushi chef sent over a veggie roll on the house—also very tasty. Excellent service rounded out the experience. Highly recommended!

FYI, they seem to be closed on Tuesdays, when we first went by.

1  Thank starryeyed113
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Amazingly fresh sushi, great cooked entrees, generous portions, 8 dollar bento boxes for lunch and dollar sushi happy hour, a huge variety of Sake and Japanese beer, and extremely nice people make Yamafuji one of my all-time favorites in Front Royal. We have some great restaurants and I'm finding it extraordinarily difficult to go anywhere else. They have an all you can eat special once a month and sushi-making classes frequently as well. Give it a shot! It surpasses the locations previous incarnations by light years.

1  Thank jethrosan