“Sushi Surprise”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 540-631-3454
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm sorry to say I have avoided this restaurant based upon the outside appearance. After reading several positive reviews I decided to give it a try as there just aren't that many good restaurant choices in Front Royal. I am happy to report the outside appearance does not carry over to the inside. The restaurant was very clean with nice decor. We were instantly and pleasantly greeted by a woman I assumed was one of the owners (failed to ask). She was extremely helpful in helping us with our sushi choices as was our server. To date I had not met any sushi I liked and the 4 young adults (18-20 years old) had never tried any. The sushi we selected as well as our entres were devoured. We all really enjoyed our experience and are looking forward to returning to our new found gem.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

While driving into town for a vacation we looked for a restaurant that was not a chain. Enjoying sushi and Japanese food we decided to try Yamafuji. What a pleasant surprise. The service was great and the server even explained the different types of fish for a young guest in our party. We really enjoyed the sushi and tempura dinners. We would definitely stop here again if in Front Royal.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Living in Fairfax there are plenty of options...living in Fairfax and craving a Front Royal sushi place...unheard of. First trip after Rappahannock Cellars led me to this sushi place and beyond words with the best service and sushi in the DMV. Super affordable, excellent quality, and already celebrated multiple birthdays and our engagement here. This is now our go to Front Royal destination post winery. All rolls are very affordable or excellently priced and super fresh. Be sure to start with miso soup, salad (with ginger dressing), and a bottle of local wine (Rappahannock Cellars Viognier)! A++++++

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Sushi in Front Royal? Shockingly amazing. Start with the sesame salad and the miso soup and be adventurous in your sushi roll choices! Some of my favorites are the California Crunch Roll, Spider Roll, and Bulgogi Roll. Everything is fresh, the value is amazing, and the staff is friendly. Definitely worth visiting.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants. The food is excellent, staff is very attentive. Fabulous, fresh sushi! Very good value too.