“Dogs allowed outside”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stopped for ice cream after hiking. They let us have the dogs at the outside tables. The ice cream was very good and reasonably priced. They do have a koi pond next to the outdoor tables, so please keep your dogs away from the pond and don't let them pee on the building, tables or landscaping.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The place itself was nice. It was clean and busy. However the food was more than mediocre. We had a cheeseburger and the bacon cheeseburger. They were incredibly greasy to the point where the paper tore and juices got everywhere. The fries are cooked in peanut oil. We also had the frozen custard. It was generic soft serve. Two small cups plus two burger meals will set you back $20+. If you're looking for a quick cheap nothing special burger, stick to mainstream chains

1  Thank Camille H
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My son and I are visiting my parents in Front Royal and they said we had to try this place, we were not disappointed. I had the Philly Cheese Stake and the others had Burgers we were all very happy. Fries and Onion Rings were good and the staff was friendly. So if you're looking for a great burger this is the place to stop.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

A foodie's favorite burger and the one and only 'fast food' place I patronize. Go for Cavern Burgers, fries and a chocolate shake. The iced tea is fresh brewed and always good.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on my way out of Shenandoah National Park. Very good quality burger and price for a combo. I got a double bacon cheeseburger combo, with fruits and small sweet tea and the total was still under $8. I'd call that a good value.

The burger was very good, juicy and hot. In fact maybe a little too juicy for the bun, as I had problems keeping it together on the last few bites. Bacon was good quality as well. I'd rate the burgers in 4-5 scale range...that good. The fries were merely ok. I thought they were not crisp enough and overly salted/seasoned. The sweet tea was good but nothing that stood out.

Definitely a better place to stop than a chain...and the custard looked good...I just didn't have the time to try it. But get a burger!