Spelunker's Frozen Custard and Cavern Burgers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We just ate lunch there for the first time today. And they make a great burger. They had a special, 2 patty cheeseburger, drink, anf fries for $6.09+tax. It could not have better. My wife got a cheesesteak and it was great too. Next time we will bring the grandchildren and let them try the custard. Try it.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

New flavor of custard everyday - yummy! Burgers are really good, Fish & Chips are excellent! Can be a little pricey, depening on how many are in your party.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've lived in the Front Royal/Warren County area for 11 years and never stopped by this place until a former work associate let me know that they stop for burgers every time they head out of the 'burbs. I stopped by on a Saturday afternoon and the place was half full. I ordered a basic burger without any toppings just to get a taste of their product. While I waited (which was not very long) I overheard others making comments about how good they thought the burgers were. The young lady that took my order and delivered my food was very courteous and brought me exactly what I had ordered. After the first bite I knew that this was a good burger. Very tasty, juicy, and it looked like a fresh hand made patty that was properly cooked; not the machine formed, previously frozen, grey meat "matter" that you receive from the larger outfits (Take that McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys). The fries were very good as well and it's neat to see a burger joint that has malt vinegar at the ready.
Overall a very positive experience and I will definitely eat there again, and suggest Spelunkers to others that are looking for a great burger joint in Front Royal.

2  Thank Slovakdude
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Forget your diet at the door! This place has the best bacon cheese burgers! Chili cheese fries to die for. Everything is fresh, and tasty!
Never disappointed :)

2  Thank Barbarah R
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Spelunker's has the look and feel of a McDonald's (with a blue/white color theme instead of red/yellow). However, the food is certainly not your typical fast food fare. The burger is delicious and served on a freshly toasted bun with all sorts of toppings, and the fries are fantastic. We also had an ice cream cone for dessert that tasted delicious. Will definitely visit again if I pass through Front Royal!

1  Thank TomF732