“nasty”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
Sterling, Virginia
“nasty”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

nasty nasty nasty. I couldnt take the smoke every were....... I ask for a non smoke room but the the only smoke free area in the hotel I guess is the parking lot i coudn't sleep have to open the windows. I prefer sleep in the car next time.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I wanted a basic, no frills, clean stay and a reasonable price for an overnight stay in Front Royal which was super close to the entrance to Skyline Drive. Thankfully this place was it. Although the room could use some modern updates (old tv, 90's decor, but who cares?!), bed was hard, and the bathtub/shower creaked loudly when showering (can hear it out in the hallway - I heard one across the hall from me!), overall this place was good, no bugs, AC worked, no odd smells, and quiet. Breakfast was super basic (juice, coffee, doughnuts, which was promptly cleaned up at 9). Staff were friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelinGoof
Aalst, Belgium
Reviewed July 26, 2012

There is some room for improvement in this Super 8

The inside corridors smelled like hell as there is continuously someone smoking in it. The breakfast was very basic and a waffle machine and fruit could already do a lot.
Half of the toaster was not working and there was no coffee when we arrived but the last was corrected by the lady at the front desk.

There were items left in the fridge from the previous occupants.

The front desk people were helpful and the rooms were clean.

Contrary to what has been said here before our WIFI connection was very fast.

Allover the price/quality is not so bad.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Very basic it was clean but there was an odor when we first walked in the room. The wifi was terrible could not use my computer at all.

• Stayed June 2012
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at several Super 8's, so I am no snob, but this place needs an overhaul! We checked in today and I am glad I brought Clorox wipes! The front desk clerk was nice enough, but that's where it ends! Hallways are dank and smell! Room has a few issues: the AC works but needs cleaned and smells. One of the beds had a stain on the sheet which I removed with a Clorox wipe so God only knows what is was! Eww! We won't have the breakfast tomorrow.! This place could be nice and is in a great location to get into the park, but it appears management gave up on this place!

• Stayed May 2012

Travelers are raving about these Front Royal hotels

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

When I booked this hotel, I knew I wasn't getting luxury. I hoped for clean, quiet, and comfortable, knowing that I might not get all 3 - but, in fact, I did. First, the room was spotless and smelled fresh. This isn't a new property, so I wouldn't have been surprised (or bothered) by the natural dinginess that comes with age. Instead, the bathroom was immaculate and the room clearly well maintained. As an added bonus, the towels were bigger and thicker than expected - again, not luxury, but better than I've had at other, similarly-priced properties. Finally, because the property has both smoking and non-smoking rooms, I wondered if I'd be whiffing stale smoke - I didn't, and was very relieved!

My room was on the 3rd floor not far from the elevator. The hotel was fully booked, and I was worried that noise would keep me from sleeping. Maybe I was just lucky and the other guests unusually well-behaved, but both nights I stayed, the noise from people coming and going was gone by about 9:00 p.m. and, with the ambient noise from the air conditioner, I had no problem sleeping. That said, I actively like ambient noise - if you don't, you might find the fan on the noisy side.

Again, for this price, I didn't expect a luxury bed or linens, and didn't get them. But although the bed felt "cheap" when I was sitting on it to read, it was surprisingly comfortable to sleep in.

A few downsides - the only ice machine is on the first floor, which is clearly not very convenient. The continental breakfast is basically a white-carb-fest -- if you stay here, spend a few extra bucks and have an inexpensive, delicious breakfast at L'Dee's Pancake House a short drive away! The free wireless worked pretty well, but did fall off a couple of times. Bathroom amenities are minimal (soap and shampoo only) and not great quality. Overall, though, none of these were enough to mar my weekend stay.

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, which is really important to me. I will definitely plan on staying here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KerrySK
Ogdensburg, New York, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The price was outrageous for the dump! The bed sheets were yellow, the towels were old. At 6am the walls sounded like there were caving in when someone in the room above turned the water on in the bathroom. The walls were shaking and the sound was horrible. On to the free breakfast. Toast, donuts, 2 types of ceral, coffee and orange juice. Total disappointment!! Should be ashamed to have their doors open.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
#6 of 10 in Front Royal
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Super 8 Front Royal? Share your experiences!