“Good dining experience........great drinks.”
Review of Houlihan's

Houlihan's
Ranked #11 of 88 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Noosa, Australia
“Good dining experience........great drinks.”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed at the adjoining hotel and had a really nice evening meal at Houlihan's. My partner had the triple Martini Sampler while I had the pitcher of Long Island Ice Tea followed by the Strawberry Basil Lemonade. Our food was appealingly presented and delicious. The server was very friendly and informative. Oh, BTW, the prices were great. Superb value.

3 Thank foxylynne
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
foxylynne,
It appears you enjoyed our food, our beverages and our value and for that we are very happy. Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community!

Maryland
“Wished it Were Better”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Stayed in the hotel, so went there late one night for dinner. Server was Great! Food was interesting and not as good as I had hoped, but well prepared and tasty, just not fabulous. The mini dessert idea is cool and we found some room at the end of our meal for that.

1 Thank Not45yet
Not45yet,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am glad that you found our food to be tasty but we wish we had done a little bit more to meet your expectations. I do see that you 5-rated the service you received and I will surely share that with our servers. I hope you will give us another attempt to impress you on your next visit to the Holiday Inn!
Lexington, KY
“Great food, awesome drinks.”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My family and I went to the Houlihan's in Front Royal this evening. We arrived during the dinner rush and had to wait 10 minutes for a table, but the hostess gave us a pager and we went outside and looked at the mountains. When we were seated we were greated by our server and she told us about how everything is made from scratch and it is all fresh. We started with a Strawberry Basil lemonade and a long island tea. Oh my the strawberry basil lemonade was out of this world ( ended up getting three). I had the NY Strip and my wife had the mustard salmon. Both were cooked very well and had proper seasoning and flavor. After dinner we shared a dessert that had 5 mini desserts and they were not mini. The pecan pie was to die for. It was a great experience and we will definitly go back if in the area again.

3 Thank AlexKY
AlexKY,
I am glad you enjoyed your experience at our establishment. I see you especially enjoyed the strawberry basil lemonade saying that it "was out of this world". We find that many of our guests wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you back soon!
Chicago, IL
“Great new restaurant”
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I was staying at the adjoinng new Holiday Inn & Suites. I love the Houilhan's in Chicago, So I had to try this one. I visited the bar first, it was very lively with 4 big tv's, a friendly staff and lots of other customers. I had a very tall Jack Daniels Long Island Tea - WOW it was great.

I then moved over to the restuarnnt for dinner, the host let pick where i wanted to sit, I chose a booth in the corner, where I could watch all the action. This place actually has leaded glass chandeliers. I ordered the potato soup, wonderful, a NY Strip, perfect, and a chopped blue chese salad. I knew from my Chicago visits that Houlihan's makes everything from scratch. For dessert I had a mini-flight of assorted desserts, just what I wanted to complete my dining experience.

After dinner, I went back to the Holiday Inn & Suites and enjoyed the fitness center and indoor pool. What a place!

2 Thank myersland
myersland,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and the internet. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Front Royal and we hope you we visit again and choose to dine with us!
Stephens City, VA
“Awful Service”
Reviewed November 4, 2008

Stopped by Houlihans Restaurant & Bar in the Front Royal Holiday Inn for lunch. The hostess seemed bothered when I requested a booth by a window. She exclaimed, with a rather rude attitude, just show me where you want to sit. Then, we waited and waited while persons who arrived after us , and were seated nearby, were approached by their servers. We left without ordering. I would not recommend this location at all. There are many other restaurants within a 1/2 mile such as Applebees, Friday's, Cracker Barrel, etc. Try those instead.

2 Thank CatMomDad07
CatMomDad07,
Sorry to hear about you visit to Front Royal for Houlihans. It is certainly our goal to provide a better experience than you received and we will make every effort to ensure that no other guests receive an experience like yours. I apologize for your inconvenience.