“Great place”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Front Royal, Virginia
“Great place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love going to Houlihans. Food is very good as is the service. Its a great place to hang with friends and grab dinner. Atmosphere is also great.

• Visited April 2013
HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Sherry S
Thank you for your recent review of Houlihan’s. We are glad to hear that you enjoy your dinning experiences with us. We take great pride in guest satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Edward Katona
Manager

Woodstock, Virginia
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very nice for anytime dining or special occasions. Food very good! One of the nicest restaurants in the Front Royal area.

• Visited December 2013
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for recognizing us as one of the best restaurants in Front Royal. This is a very important goal that we are striving for. We have been making a number of changes over the past 6 months in hopes of reaching this goal. We hope you will continue to come back and support us. Thank you.
Front Royal, Virginia
“Great Food, Service and Value”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We enjoyed an outstanding experience at Houlihan's in Front Royal for dinner. The atmosphere is very comfortable. There is a bar section and a restaurant section; we ate in a booth in the restaurant section. Service has always been great, but the service provided by Alyssa on this occasion was exceptional. We started with Spinach Dip "with cheesy lavosh crackers" which is huge and extremely tasty; boxed half of it to take home. We had French Onion Soup - also excellent, and another favorite - Stuffed Chicken Breast, which was outstanding as usual; half of the chicken was boxed for home as well. The price was very reasonable and we usually get at least two meals out of whatever we order since the portions are generous. Our waitress, Alyssa, was extremely helpful, courteous, and pleasant. Overall an outstanding experience combining great food and service with value.

• Visited January 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate that you took the time to share a few words about your experiences. Thank you, as well, for your business.
Charles Town, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday/Christmas Dinner”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We have used Houlihan's as a place for our large family to meet for holiday dinners no less than 5 separate occasions. We always make a reservation for the back area for a little privacy. We all enjoy the food, even some of our more picky family members, and like the atmosphere. It's never overcrowded, which makes it easy for my mother and husband to tolerate it. We have at least one handicap person who requires a scooter to get into the restaurant and the front door is big enough to accommodate this. This time around I spoke with a young girl on the phone to reserve that area for what would be my birthday/Christmas dinner with my family. When we arrived a young girl at the front gave my family a sideways look and a large party was already seated in the place we had reserved specifically. I can understand not being able to maybe get the exact table you want, but I would expect the staff to relay that information to me and to at least write my reservation down, but they told us that no one had written it in the book. My brother in law attempted to speak with the manager, who in this particular case looked as though he had just woke up and was dressed sloppily in a button down shirt, partly sticking out as if it would not accommodate his large physique. He stood in front of us and said "I'm sorry this happened, do you remember who made the reservation with?" I of course did not, but in the future will be taking names when making reservations (future restaurants you can thank Houlihan's for my in depth inquiries). First they put tables together and some chairs without asking how many people we had, so there were not enough and we added a table ourselves and removed some chairs then to accommodate. We were treated as if we were a burden for coming in and then all the manager said was "I'm sorry", this is not the way you treat a large well paying party who frequents your establishment! (I hope that manager reads this so he may get a lesson in hospitality).

The waitress and the food were a saving grace. We would have walked right out of there if it wasn't for having the family member who cannot easily get into every restaurant. We will be looking for a new place or our family to gather next year and will be sure to spread the word.

Houlihan's you blew it this time!!

HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Ashpetro,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review, and voice your concerns about Houlihan’s. Secondly, I would like to offer my deepest apologies for the events that lead to your less than satisfactory experience with us. Guest satisfaction is one of the most important aspects of our business; I can assure you that our management team, employees and I are taking the appropriate measures to ensure that situations like this will not happen again. I can assure you that all of us at Houlihan’s deeply value and appreciate all of our guests. Once again, I offer my deepest apologies for you and your families disappointing visit. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss that matter.

Edward Katona
Assistant General Manager
Houlihan’s Restaurant +Bar
Front Royal
Mississauga, Canada
“Exceptional food in a nice hotel in the beautiful Shenandoah Mountains”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I never thought I’d choose a hotel based on its restaurant! But we have and we keep coming back. Houlihan’s is a “made from scratch’ restaurant and bar located in a Holiday Inn. It has a family-friendly, cozy sports type bar ambience with comfort food. Prices are very cheap for really great food. Wouldn’t you just love to have some great comfort food like your mom (never) made, a drink or two and then tuck into a perfectly nice room after a long drive. Well, this is your place!
You also can get a voucher for $20 for breakfast with your room and have a real restaurant breakfast.
The Holiday Inn is well, the Holiday Inn. But it looks brand spanking new and more upscale than I expected. A solid 4 star in my books.
Tips: GPS-es go crazy here in the Shenandoah mountain area—make sure you have an old school map! If time permits, take a drive or hike through the mountains, it’s just gorgeous.
Another alternate hotel suggestion for this area is to drive another 21 miles or so to the George Washington Hotel in downtown Winchester for authentic southern historic vibe in the beautiful downtown area.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for your comments about the Holiday Inn and about Houlihans. We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with us, especially regarding your GPS troubles. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.