“Nonattentive service”

Ranked #10 of 88 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Steak was good, mashed potatoes (cold, dry and missing flavor) were piled high with an errant chopped tomato cube or three from a salad I think....hair wasn't so tasty in the potatoes either but the fish tacos were tasty. Service was slow to non-existent. We saw our waiter five times in the course of an hour and fifteen minutes. Once for our order, bringing the drinks, the food (forgot one meal and had to come back) and then the bill.

HolidayInnFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

We hope you will come back and give us another chance soon. We recognized that we had some opportunities for improvement and made the appropriate changes. Houlihan's is, once again, the place to get a great dinner with great service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This evening had dinner with 5 other family members. Everything was excellent! I got a steak and wedge salad that was a dream. The steak cooked perfectly, the vegetables, dressing, all was so good. I have been to most the of chain restaurants (Ruby Tuesday, Chilis, Carabas, Outback, and more) in the past year. NONE compared to the service, the food, the atmosphere, the decor, and the coffee and desserts were to die for! I will be recommending to my friends and on Facebook. What a great experience!

Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate that you took the time to share a few words about your experiences. Thank you, as well, for your business.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at the hotel next door because we were visiting Front Royal for a religious event. We left church Sunday afternoon ready to relax and enjoy a nice dinner. I will only relate the facts and you can judge for yourself. The first hint that this was not going to be a good experience was our arrival at the front desk was unmanned. We stood for 5 minutes waiting to be seated and there was no one else waiting to be seated but my wife and I. Several employees and walked by the desk while we stood waiting to be seated and after 5 minutes someone finally seated us and said she would send a server. In the meantime, I went to the bathroom. It was filthy. There was paper on the floor. The basin looked as if it had not been washed from the night before and there was a strong smell of urine along with urine stains on the stalls and on the floor. I usually pack up and leave when I see that but I went back to my seat. We saw at least one other couple who came in after us get seated and served. After waiting 10 to 15 minutes for someone to appear and offer the usual water and a menu and when they did not appear we got up to leave. When we got up to leave, a waiter tried to get my attention and I told him that the service sucked and the bathroom was filthy. We went to Applebee's just a mile up the road and the service was superb. After dinner I returned and expressed my disgust with this place to the manager. I would only add that while the staff's appearance was not particularly untidy, there was a big difference between their appearance and the appearance of the Applebee's employees. I don't enjoy giving this review and although I was offered compensation I refused the compensation because although we like the hotel next door, and we will be visiting it again because itnis a very good place to stay, I know that we will not be visiting the restaurant again.

It is evident that we missed the mark with your recent visit. Please know that we have made a number of positive changes since your last visit and that you will find that Houlihan's is clearly among one of the best restaurants in Front Royal again. We hope you will give us another chance. Thank you.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Staying at the Holiday Inn next to the restaurant. As a business traveler my day starts at 6:00am. Went down to the restaurant for breakfast at 6:30 , ordered about 6:35 am by 7:15 a group of four who arrived after me were enjoying their breakfast while I was still sipping what can be best describe as dish water for coffee. At that point I got up and told one of the servers to cancel the order I had an appointment at 7:30am and was leaving. As I glance around I saw several other people doing the same thing. I thought of contacting the management but since I won' t patronizing this place again why bother. If you stay at the Holiday inn next to this restaurant plan in getting breakfast somewhere else

1  Thank bert370

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast visit while stay at the Holiday Inn. Please know that we made all the necessary changes to ensure that we are always serving a top-notch breakfast to our guests. We hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Excellent freshly prepared food at Houlihan's attached to Front Royal Holiday Inn. Surprised to find such a good restaurant attached to a Holiday Inn, but I highly recommend it.

HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Hall C,

Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar would like to take the time and thank you so much for your great review! We are always happy to hear we are pleasing our guests with our hard work and convenient location to the Holiday Inn & Suites. From great service to delicious menu options, you can't go wrong!!! Just want to relax and enjoy our tasty beverages? Join us at the bar. From Long Island mugs to a variety of great and local wines. Hope you have a chance to visit us soon!

Shannon Young