“Excellent Food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Stephens City, Virginia
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a family get together at Houlihan's and the service, food, and atmosphere couldn't have been better! There absolutely no complaints regarding any of the food! Chicken tenders, ribs, steaks, scallops, fish and chips -- all were prepared to perfection. I personally had the ribs and they were the best I have had in a long time. A large rack of meaty ribs - tender and well seasoned. Our server, Brandon, kept up with our large table and did a fabulous job. It was really great to see someone who seemed to enjoy his job and was good at it. Stop here if you are near, you won't be sorry!

2 Thank Sherri J
HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
WSMJT,

Thank you for the great review of Houlihan’s! We are so pleased that you had an excellent visit with us! I was very glad to hear that your server Brandon was so attentive to you and your party, and he really does enjoy his job! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Edward Katona
Manager Houlihan’s Restaurant & Bar

Burke, Virginia
“Great Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

After a long day of driving we, my wife and I, were greeted by Tonya W with a smile and a willingness to help us decide on what options we could take regarding a later / light repast. Tonya’s manner was allowed us to peruse the variety of offerings and was very forthright with size descriptions as well as what would be included with item. Tonya offered a couple of suggestions to help us along. With Tonya's assistance we order a bottle of wine, half-price night, the Spinach dip appetizer and a slice of apple pie, along with coffee. Throughout the meal Tonya was attentive to us, offering to refill water and or coffee as needed. Tonya responded to conversation as though we had known one another for quite some time. After the long day this interaction with Tonya stood out as an example of conduct and mannerisms that all servers should employ. Thanks to good food and Tonya we thoroughly enjoyed our time that evening and look forward to dining at a Houlihan’s again.

1 Thank GDRRR
HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
GDRRR,

Thank you for taking your time to review Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar! I am so grateful you were able to enjoy your stay with us, and have Tonya, one of our best, be your server! Tonya has been with us since day one, and is a value to our staff! I believe I even remember stopping by your table to say hello! To see smiling faces is always a treat for us in our field of work. We aim to please and take pride in hearing we are doing our jobs right! I encourage you to continue to visit us in the future. We always look forward to familiar faces! Take care, and thank you again!

Winchester,VA
“Wonderful Food, Atmosphere, and Service”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If there is a issue with a visit to a restaurant I am the first to complain, but there are no complaints from this experience! My first visit to Houlihan's Front Royal, VA on 10/12/2012 was over the top. Huge menu selection, food was without flaw, and the atmosphere was relaxing. The decor was easy on the eyes and the entire property was spotless. The restaurant is easy to see from the highway and easy to get to. Plenty of parking. I normally prefer men waiters because my experience with fine dining is usually better enjoyed when a gentleman is assigned to our table but this has just been my personal experience and history. I will have to admit however at Houlihan's during our dining experience, Emily our waitress could not have been a more pleasurable person to have been assigned to us. It's so enjoyable to have a server who is down to earth, is easy to communicate with and doesn't put on a false face. Emily was like having a family member or good friend to talk with. She was very attentive to our every desire. I can't believe that I've lived within driving distance to Houlihan's for all this time and have not taken the opportunity to stop in until now. I wish I had taken the initiative long before now to try it because it is difficult to find such an enjoyable place to go eat here locally where there isn't something to take issue with. I am local and will absolutely be returning with friends in the very near future. Pricing is on the medium side but well worth it. I can only speak for where I was sitting which was a round booth which was very comfortable but the tables and chairs looked equally comfortable. We arrived shortly after 5:00 PM and it was a good thing because within 45 minutes of taking our seat the entire restaurant was packed. I didn't enter the bar area but it looked very appealing at a glance. Take my word, and go enjoy this restaurant. I've been to them all in the Warren County Virginia area and after tonight I won't go anywhere else when I'm near Front Royal and will even drive from Winchester to have dinner there when I want something more towards the top end sort of place to go.

1 Thank Vadetective
Vadetective,

This is such great news!!! It seems more and more people are discovering how wonderful and worth the trip it is to come and join us for their meals!! Thank you so much for taking your time to review Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar. Emily has been with us for some time now, and continues to be one of our All Stars at best! I will be sure to pass the thumbs up to her, and let her know how grateful we are to have her on our team! On your next visit, please be sure to ask for a manager on duty, so that we may welcome you as one of our "valued guests"! Thank you so much again, and we look forward to serving you soon!

Front Royal, Virginia
“My go-to restaurant in Front Royal”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you're a drinker: the Georgia Peach Long Island mug is not to be missed. Pair it with the spinach dip appetizer and end with the stuffed chicken breast entree. Delish!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Poland79
HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Poland79,

You have definitely experienced Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar to its best! Thank you for your great review! We are so glad you were able to enjoy and find what we work so hard to achieve! You will never have to look further. Become a regular, and visit us any day of the week. We always have a Drink of the Day, and seeing how you enjoy our Long Island Iced Teas, be sure to come in on Tuesdays! Our menu continues offering such good food. Try something new on your next visit, and we won't disappoint you! I'll give you a hint... the Georges Scallops are AMAZING! Thank you again for your review and we will see you soon!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great food and Service”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The food here is excellent and the staff serving it are great. No need to travel far from the attached Holiday Inn when it comes to food!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Parkham
HoulihansFrontRoyal, Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Parkham,

It's such a treat to know your visit to the states was with us. Thank you for taking your time to express your stay! Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar values all guests' experiences, and want you to know we are grateful!! Anytime you are back, be sure to stop by! We loved having you and look forward to the next time!! Take care and see you soon!