“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lucky Star Lounge - CLOSED

The Lucky Star Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Maryland
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Waited at table for 10 minutes without menus, should have left then, maybe it was fate telling us not to eat there. Waiter spun some line about water conservation in order to get us to buy bottled water instead of serving tap water......we were allowed to flush to toilet though. Had read rave reviews of the roast beef sandwich, how it could make a vegetarian eat meat, well it almost had this meat eater, wishing I was a vegetarian, tough, bland and the roll was hard and cold. The soup of the day was not ready at 1:00 in the afternoon so we got the chili, it was okay. The best thing I can say is that it was not very expensive to eat there.

1 Thank Not45yet

Wisconsin
“What a great surprise”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Got a recommendation from the coffeehouse next door and are really glad we did. The tequila lime shrimp pasta is incredible: light, tasty, and pasta perfectly done. The pumpkin seed salad was inventive and equally tasty. I would certainly recommend this place.

Ann Arbor MI
“I want to move here so I can eat here every day!”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Absolutely amazing! If you are in the Shenandoah Valley area, you MUST eat here. Patrick and Trevor (the owners) provide wonderful, imaginative food at a wonderful value -- with beer and wine selections to match. I had the Tequila Lime Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta on the standing menu -- and did not want to share even a single bite with my husband. The pasta was fresh and al dente. The first bite you found a taste of butter followed by a lovely tequila lime taste, very light. Hard to describe as other than absolutely delicious. The shrimp were large and succulent. A lovely mixed baby green salad was included in the $12 price! I complemented it with a large $6 glass of Viognier.

My husband did persuade me to share by feeding me a taste of his Chicken and Mussels special for $18. He got the same salad. (We both had the delicious house-made blue cheese dressing.) His entree arrived, beautifully presented -- 1/2 of a perfectly grilled chicken breast with a lemony bernaise sauce, skewers of small potatoes, bell peppers, and onions, and 8 large mussels on the shell with a light lemon butter. He chose to wash it all down with a pint of Yuengling lager. (Try it if you can find it. Made at the oldest brewery in the U.S. still operating.)

The service was great. The atmosphere that of an upscale wine bar with lovely nature photos on the wall. We had had a long day so did not stay for the nightly musical entertainment.

They will charge you extra for bread, but get it! It's an awesome appetizer or complement to the food. We'd go again tomorrow but are headed down the Shenandoah Skyline Drive.

1 Thank KateZufall
Washington, DC
“Try the Specials...and the Pizza”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Great Food.....Nice people.....NO SMOKE! By the second visit they know your name.....by third visit they know what you drink.......great place to stop for a beer and some music or sit down for a full beer....we always have something off the specials board, the soups are well above avareage......the owners have music every night with a good mix of styles.

If in town stop in and try some of the great beers they serve.....

Front Royal VA
“Food made me sick. Cant pull a Guinness to save their lives!”
Reviewed March 6, 2009

So the food is not great and I got sick.

The place is nice but the bar keep cant pull a Guinness correctly to save his life.. Its so sad.

The Atmosphere is awesome. They have live music all the time. So if you like bud light. and are not hungry Stop by and enjoy a band an a cheep beer.

1 Thank 2buck