“Very enjoyable stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
MD
“Very enjoyable stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

I have returned here multiple times, often traveling with a cat. Rooms are always clean (even the pet friendly ones) and staff are very helpful. On this trip, I arrived about noon and had no problem with an early check-in. I also requested a late check-out -- again no problem and staff most pleasant! Good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

Was hesitant when I pulled up to the motel but rooms are nicer than the property. Still I thought $89/night was too expensive for what we were getting. Fine if you are arriving late and leaving early in the morning to continue your trip.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katelle627

Travelers are raving about these Front Royal hotels

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

We chose this hotel for a long weekend to hike and explore the area. We didn't plan to spend much time in the room. Our children are 5 and 16. While it wasn't fancy, it met all of our needs.
We liked:
-the room was comfortable, clean, and had new furniture
-the Wi Fi worked fine
-the breakfast was more than we expected and the buffet attendant was very attentive
-the pool was better than expected
-the location was key: the start of Skyline Drive was 5 minutes away, we found excellent canoeing within 15 minutes, Luray Caverns were about 30 minutes, a scenic surprise was Fox Meadow Winery about 20 minutes out of town, Main Street with a number of restaurants and shops was in walking distance
What we didn't like:
-the room was a little tight with all the furniture
-the noise on Commerce Street, but we couldn't hear it from inside the room
-the coffee
As a base for sight-seeing in the area at a low price, this hotel worked great. If you want a modern hotel with lots of amenities and mountain views, then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Murphlj
Naples Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

This was the stupidest mistake I think I've made in years - we planned a three week driving vacation which included stops in Savannah, Asheville, Charleston and up to Cape Cod. ALL of the Inns/hotels which we stayed at-we verified and checked on Tripadvisor for comments. HOWEVER-the 1 nite stays enroute, for some reason-we didn't. HA! That'll teach us! So, now it's time for the Quality Inn Front Royal. We picked this because it was close to the Shenandoah State Park which we would be exploring.

This place is a dump - there's just no other way to put it which would be printable. The room stunk of mold/mildew or some other foreign substance, I'm surprised I didn't have to be revived by the EMT's! I seriously questioned crawling into that bed as I wasn't sure what I'd crawl out with, Ice machines don't work - you have to go down to another floor.

This is a case of where we stupidly did not do our homework in advance. All of the negative reviews here really seem accurate, and, based on my experience, probably true. I've read the positive reviews - I'm just not sure what planet these people were on. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JimInNaples
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

Recently spent two nights here while in town visiting relatives. Enjoyed the stay. No problems for us. The room, bedding, and bath were clean. The pool was wonderful- bigger than the pool at another hotel we had previous stayed in while in town- this is a plus for my kids! Breakfast choices included: bacon, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, 2 cold cereals, instant oatmeal packets, muffins, donuts, bagels, toast, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, tea, apples, oranges, and bananas. It was nice to open my curtain in the morning, sitting at the desk, and look out the window and see a familiar mountain scape looking back at me- hometown memories. The ice machine did not work on the 3rd floor, but it was really no problem as the ones on the 1st and 2nd floor did work. Will be looking to this hotel again for future stays while visiting in the Front Royal area.

• Stayed August 2009
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

This is by far the DIRTIEST hotel I've ever stayed in. I enjoy camping, but I hadn't expected wildlife in my hotel room. Bugs. Yes, bugs. A dirty/used air filter covered with dust left laying next to the A/C unit, pubic hair all over the bathroom floor, soap scum in the soap dish inside the shower, toilet base filthy and smellling of urine, spider webs all over the place. I can't recommend that you find another hotel strongly enough.
Despite the fact that the staff were nice at the front desk and the breakfast is very nice, the filthy rooms are reason enough to avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pdenny24
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I spent one night here. We requested and were given a room with handicapped set up. The room was very nice and clean. The staff could not have been nicer. The breakfast was nice. The location worked very well for us. We had no complaints at all. All this for a very good price.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
#2 of 5 in Strasburg
Super 8 Front Royal
Super 8 Front Royal
#5 of 9 in Front Royal

Been to Quality Inn Skyline Drive? Share your experiences!