“ok for a night”

Quality Inn Skyline Drive
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 23, 2014

we stayed for 1 night. Room was what you woud expect. We did not have any stains or ordors. I fell going up the stairs at the top where the stairs meet the landing and my computer broke. The hotel said they don't have policy for this and I had to ask to fill out accident report. Needless to say, I was not happy.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you found your room satisfactory, though I am sorry you had difficulty navigating the staircase. I have examined the staircase and found that all of the stairs have the same rise and the same depth of overhang. There is no negligence on the part of the hotel that caused you to trip.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We made this last minute reservation after watching the weather - should have been camping but torrential downpours confirmed we made the right decision. We were in room 205, a king room. Rooms 100-114 ( 200 - and 300-) face the pool which is a nicer view than parking lots but between rain storms, children were having a grand time in the pool well into the night which could be a problem if you're looking for a quiet evening. "Smell-evator" is near room 100, 200 and 300 right inside from the crosswalk from the lobby, and boy did it smell funky, otherwise there are old and scary looking staircases at the end of the building.

Should have listened to another reviewer about the pillow situation and brought my king pillows from home. 4 'throw-pillow' sized pillows on the bed. 2 of these pillows equal one standard pillow. Totally inadequate for any sized bed, much less a king.

The property is older and worn. The furniture; quirky, bed hard with no extras, tv is definitely an upgrade - large flat screen. Bathroom and vanity area was extremely clean.

Breakfast buffet was in the Thai restaurant (which was actually a pretty good Thai restaurant the night before!) and plentiful with bacon and a waffle bar. No scrambled eggs but they did have hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, various muffins, toast and bagels.

For the cost, this was a fine alternative than tent camping in the rain!

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool are 100-114, 200-214 and 300-314. Elevator near the 100 room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, though I apologize for the smell in the elevator. This is the first that I heard of this issue. I'll check with my staff as to what the problem was. Our pool closes at 10:00 PM; however, if a guest reports a noise issue, we will address it and have closed the pool early due to unruly guests. We are in the midst of a multi-year renovation with the most visible aspects starting this year. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The boyfriend and I went backpacking in Shenandoah, and it quickly became evident that I had selected a trek that was much more hardcore than we. It was BEAUTIFUL, but I was HURTING.

So finishing up the second day, rather than sleeping out one last night, we knocked out all of our mileage and went to sleep in the best room that the Quality Inn had to offer. Our sore muscles completely lucked out; the room had a whirlpool hot tub 2 ft from the bed!! Cue me insisting on ordering delivery - both pizza and Chinese food - and then almost falling asleep in the hot tub.

The staff at the Quality Inn was easy-going, and said nothing about the fact that we likely looked and smelled like Charlie Brown's friend, Pig Pen. The bed was older, but comfortable enough. Even with the hot tub, the room was cheap, around $120/night. If you haven't been hiking 26 miles and don't need the hot tub, the rooms are closer to $70/night.

Room Tip: Get the one with the hot tub!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. There are a lot more outdoor activities in the area that aren't as taxing at hiking the Appalachian Trail. You'll have to come back to try the rafting/tubing/canoeing, zip lining, horseback riding, and ballooning! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

the first room ac did not work so we got moved second room a huge piss stain on the comforter all the way through and on the sheets!!!! manger never called to say sorry, nothing !! now we are in our 3rd room stayed are nights and when we checked out the ac was leaking and the carpet was soaked. Good Luck.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
ManagerQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that you experienced problems during your stay. Reviewing the information from your stay, including the security footage, shows me that you were promptly moved each time you reported an issue.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Please read review check into room the young man acts like we are bothering him to check in, we go to our room big hole in the wall behind the door and ac does not work. So we are moved to another room. We have reservations and in a hurry we get ready and leave. Come back to the room for the night get ready for bed to find a big piss stain on the comforter and the sheets. We get moved to our 3rd room. Never did the manger call the next day to say sorry or let us buy you dinner nothing!! When we checked out of our crazy three day stay the carpet was soaked from the ac leaking. Good luck to all of you.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am sorry that you experienced problems with the room. I have reviewed the information regarding your stay including the security footage. Each time you found an issue with the room, you were promptly moved to another room. I saw no hesitation or reluctance in either young man you dealt with during your room changes.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed here while in the area on business. The price was fantastic, $70 including tax. It is an older hotel, but some of the furnishings have been updated and the bed was pretty comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, we were granted a very late checkout, which is unusual and fantastic in our situation. Breakfast was included, typical continental plus bacon. we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. If there is anything that we can do to improve, please let me know. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at the Quality in Skyline Drive early May this year.
It's a typical Motel (outside access to your room)
Room was spacious and reasonably well furnished.
Breakfast was as expected but absolutely ok.
Location was for us perfect
Desk staff could not have been better.
For what this cost its hard to beat.

Room Tip: Choose upper floor at the back.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerQuality, Manager at Quality Inn Skyline Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. If there is anything you would like to see us do in the future, please let me know. I hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Front Royal
#8 of 10 in Front Royal
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Quality Inn Skyline Drive? Share your experiences!