“Not Paris, but a serious chef!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wine and Duck

The Wine and Duck
Ranked #14 of 87 Restaurants in Front Royal
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
East Coast
“Not Paris, but a serious chef!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

I ordered the duck, of course -- it's in the name. A very good preparation with mushrooms, cooked just how I ordered it. My partner ordered the chicken, which was great, but was most captivated by the house-made pasta alfredo -- delicious!! The server was very sweet, but had trouble keeping things going as the house filled up. No bread being offered was a significant negative, as the kitchen definitely cooks from scratch, and dishes took quite a while to arrive. The wine list is short and low end, but some decent wines at good value. The room is far from pretty, but my partner greatly enjoyed the view of the kitchen, and was impressed by the seriousness and energy of the chef (Paul) and his assistants. The caesar salad was a bit expensive for the amount, and quite salty -- but it did seem that the dressing was also house made. The entrees were delicious, and well worth a return visit.

3 Thank Macroscope

“magnifique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

nice people, great food, great atmosphere-what more could you ask for?

3 Thank jethrosan
D.C.
“An evening in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

What a surprise - to find such an elegant and romantic resturant in Front Royal, VA - with great food and an impressive ambience with little candles lighting the romance along the way! It reminded us of the little French restaurants we often found and enjoyed in Paris. The food was excellent and presentation impressive. My wife had the tamarind Duck and I enjoyed the hand cut rib eye. Beats many of the restaurants one finds in D.C., with the small town atmosphere, interesting menu and romantic atmosphere. Thank you Paul, Rita, and Phil - We'll be back!

5 Thank RomanceParis
Alabama
“Many items not available, bad service, overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

I visited the Wine and Duck in Front Royal and was to say the least extremely dissapointed. The first two items I ordered were out of stock, the server acted as though they did not care, and the food I finally received was over priced. It did however have a nice cosy setting.

3 Thank Gatorfan1Alabama
Front Royal, VA
“Excellent food in a cozy little setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

My husband and I tried the Wine and Duck shortly after it opened and the food is absolutely top shelf. My only complaint was that both times we dined there, the service was just incredibly slow. I could understand it for our dinner, but we ate lunch there again and only had a burger and desert and it took nearly an hour and a half. We haven't been back since due to both of our dining experiences taking so long, and we understood that the restaurant was new, and low on staff, so we plan to return to see if it has improved, because the food is really excellent and I can't recommend it highly enough.

3 Thank LauraHenderson