“Fantastic Food, Reasonable Prices”
Review of The Wine and Duck

The Wine and Duck
Ranked #16 of 88 Restaurants in Front Royal
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
akloer
“Fantastic Food, Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I went to the Wine and Duck as part of a romantic weekend in the Front Royal area. I am a total DC foodie and was blown out of the water by the quality of my meal and the incredibly reasonable prices. I got the tamirind duck and my boyfriend got the mushroom duck. Both were tender, flavorful and prepared in unique and interesting ways. The hummus appetizer is also a must. This is downtown Dc quality food and service at Virginia prices!

3 Thank PandaEnRoute

Alexandria, Virginia
“Amazing food, good service”
Reviewed October 12, 2008

This restaurant is fairly new in the area and yet it was almost full the night we went. My husband had the tamarind duck the restaurant is known for and he loved it. I had the scallops over bok choy and they were the best scallops I have ever had. We also had the potato leek soup to start which was delicious and the tiramisu which is not to be missed. The high point was seeing our favorite belgian beer on the menu which is hard to find, Leffe Blonde.

The low point was hearing that mako shark was their special which upset me because I work in the marine conservation field and shark is not something that should be served in an environmentally friendly restaurant due to their overfished status and dramatic population decline. I hope the restaurant becomes more aware of sustainability issues or I will not be back.

3 Thank SheShark1
johnsmith
“Best little place in Front Royal”
Reviewed May 21, 2008

After the initial finding of the restaurant the only problem I had was to figure out what dish I wanted. The dishes all seemed to be very though out and while my mind argued with what I knew what was good with pairings (I'm a cook also) I ended up choosing the duck dish, which was phenomenal. My server (Dan) was not only very good at descriptions of dishes, but also super accommodating. It's very rare that I would ever spend my time to write a description of a restaurant but this one I see as a shining star. Cheers Paul (owner) Aaron (Sous Chef) and Dan (Server). I can't wait/hope but the best for you.

5 Thank winafresh
Front Royal, VA
“Nice little place - friendly, inviting, unpretentious”
Reviewed May 18, 2008

The Wine and Duck is a sweet little place. Very small and intimate - if you sit at the small bar, you'll be able to chat with the chef and watch him cook. I've been there for appetizers and wine at night and a truly fabulous burger for lunch one day. This place is a real gem. The only negative I've been able to find so far is their location - between the movie theater and an arcade - so sometimes they're surrounded outside by pre-teens trying to look cool. But don't worry - I doubt any of them will make it inside the Wine and Duck, where you'll find adult pleasures of good food, excellent wine, and inviting and interesting conversation.

5 Thank SallyByrd
Front Royal
“The biggest little surprise on Main Street”
Reviewed April 28, 2008

April 28, 2008
Walking into this little restaurant was one surprise after another. The ambiance was inviting with the crisp white linens on the tables, fresh flowers and classical jazz playing softly in the background. We were greeted by Rita one of the servers and she took care of us like we were family. The food was delicious beyond our expectations, and the wine was first rate. I must add that the prices were quite reasonable considering the quality of the food. I would consider the menu to be eclectic in it's offerings but the chef has a style all his own. We will definitely visit The Wine and Duck Restaurant again on our next visit to Front Royal.
The address is 117 E. Main St., next to the theatre.

4 Thank FrontRoyalTraveler