“Cozy and classy with exceptional food”
Review of The Wine and Duck - CLOSED

The Wine and Duck
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I typically eat here for special occasions and it's a favorite for when I have out-of-town friends and family visiting. There's an intimate atmosphere but it's not stuffy. It's also so nice to stroll along historic Main Street either before or after the meal. The Wine and Duck is definitely a local gem!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our food experience was outstanding. The biggest problem was the fact that due to a poor cooling system the front door was left open. This caused the local fly population to come in. Next stroe is a movie theater where the people looking to smoke spend time just outside the same front door which was open.

The second problem which will take just some soap and water on all surfaces is the bathrooms.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have made many trips to the wine and duck and they have yet to let me down. The staff always gives 100. I recommend this fabulous restaurant to any person who appreciates fine cuisine and uncontollable laughter. You will not be disapointed. They are open Tuesday through Sunday 6 to 2. I'm heren right now. ♥

1  Thank amandartobin
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The restaurant is a small hole-in-the-wall place but has 5 star food, wine and beer. The first night I had some of the best ever mushroom soup and the second, a great chowder. I had their mushroom duck twice. Outstanding!! My wife had duck salad twice. Excellent! I would recommend this restaurant as one of the best on our vacation in Virginia. J Olson

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The food and drinks here are always good. The menu items are great but they also have great specials. All meals are fixed with fresh ingredients daily. The staff is very friendly and make you feel like you are home. The mixed drinks are a big plus. No skimping there!!