Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
GreenLeadersGold level
Sedro Woolley, Washington
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was my third time staying at the Front Royal Holiday Inn. The first time was last year, and it was picked solely based on price and the decent reviews I read. The first trip was a one night stay for a job interview, and my second stay would end up being for the same reason. I live in Washington State, but am trying to get a job in Virginia to be closer to be two young children who live in Alexandria. I loved the hotel and town so much during my first two stays that when I flew out last month to see the kids I booked three nights at the Holiday Inn. Well the weather did not cooperate at all, it was 12 degrees when I landed in DC and there was a bad snow storm forecasted for the third day of my stay. I explained to the front desk why I was there, and the temperature was going to hinder any outdoor activities. They offered to open up a non-booked conference room and set up a play area for me and the kids. They also told me about their indoor pool and hot tub which the kids loved. AND the attached restaurant is not your typical hotel restaurant, it is very good in its own right. Houghlihans I think it's called, and the kids eat free with a paid adult meal! Even though both my son and daughter claimed to be too full to eat anymore, somehow they found room for the ice cream which was also included.

With the snow storm coming in I decided that I better leave a day early to get to our next stop in New Jersey before the roads got too bad. When I was checking out a day early I thought it'd be nice if I could get a refund, but on such short notice I didn't think that would be an option so I didn't bother mentioning it. I was surprised to find on my invoice that I was refunded for the third day without even asking for it, I was beyond impressed.

To many people passing through this may be just another hotel, but for me and my kids it was an incredibly special experience. I only get to see my kids twice a year and words cannot express my gratitude towards the staff for making this a memorable vacation.

Matt Vollans

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Matthew V,

Thank you for being so kind as to review your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. We truly appreciate your repeat business over the past year and we are proud to be your hotel of choice in the area. I am going to share your review with our entire staff and let them know how proud I am of all of them for providing such a memorable experience to you and your family. Sounds like they truly went above and beyond for you and I could not be happier. See you soon?

Brent C Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I just can't say enough nice things about this property. The grounds are wonderful, the rooms are spacious, and the service is top notch. This from a Holiday Inn? I had not stayed at one in a long time, but this experience certainly left a very favorable opinion.

I do wish there were a complimentary breakfast like some other chains, however the attached restaurant is adequate a good meal at a good price.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
stirfry300,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. I appreciate that you chose to stay with us and this means a lot. We would love to see you stay with us again. Thank you.
Smithfield, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I love the Front Royal area and have been there about 5 weekends in the past year. Every time but once we have stayed at the Holiday Inn and from now on it will be every time. The hotel is always in beautiful condition, even after the recent water incident, and the staff is always very courteous and welcoming.
My wife and I have talked about moving to the area when I retire, but we think we may miss the hotels bed and pillows too much(so comfortable). We love to travel and stay in hotels but always feel the most satisfied at the Front Royal Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2014
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
BCraigh,
I truly appreciate your review of our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows over and over again, this is a sure sign that we are doing what we need to in order to WOW our guests. It is wonderful that you took the time to share your experiences here on TripAdvisor. We are looking forward to your next visit.
New Jersey
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Front Royal the night of Feb. 1, 2014. We needed a place to stay in Front Royal, traveling there from New Jersey due to a death in the family. We followed Trip Advisor's review advice and went to The Holiday Inn. We're sooo glad we did. We were greeted by an incredibly friendly and kind assistant manager, Andrew. He gave us a great rate and a great room. The room was spotless, spacious and very quiet. We had a great night's sleep after a very long day. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast next door, too. Holiday Inn in Front Royal excellently provided services for real-life needs -- lodging, rest, and food. I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
WhiteMountainsfan,

Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. I am very glad that I was able to assist you and to provide you with an "Excellent Experience". Please know that you can always expect the same on future visits. I hope to see you again soon.

With regards,
Andrew Sheetz
Assistant Hotel Manager
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family come here often, to see friends in Luray and to hike The Drive. We have eaten in the restaurant a joined to the hotel and I have to say, the service in the dining room was awful. We sat down and didnt even see a waitress/waiter for 15 or so mins.. we then moved to bar area where Amy and Micky took very great care of us.It was the best service we have had in a long time there. Sure enough when we plan spring trip, we will be sure to seek them out. Thank you for improving our stay. We will always sit in bar area from now on.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
PaytonIs,

Sorry to hear that Houlihan's took some time in order to get you the service you deserved. I am very glad to hear that the ladies in the bar area were able to wow you with their customer service. I will make sure the management team at Houlihans thanks them for doing such a great job for you. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows.

Northern Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were forced to find a room in the middle of the night after our heating system failed during the arctic temps. We happened to choose this hotel and I expected the generic so so hotel experience.

I was wrong. This place turned out being so much more! The night front desk clerk was incredibly friendly and helpful. It turns out all of the hotel staff was excellent. I am picky and was happy to find the room spotlessly clean. The furnishings were newer and in very good shape. No weird smells. The bathroom is large, very nice, well maintained, and incredibly clean. The king room is a nice size. We were able to set up a play pen next to the bed for the baby and get around comfortably. The room service was fast and delicious. The indoor pool was clean and well maintained.

This is one of those places that reminds me what a refreshing difference a nice hotel stay can make. I have no complaints.

The location is far enough off of the interstate that it is quiet. The hotel overlooks a golf course.

As far as attractions, it is near Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park, the Shenandoah River, Shenandoah River State Park, Skyline Caverns, Sky Meadows State Park, and the State Arboretum.

Conveniences, it is about a mile or two off of I-66, has a gas station in walking distance, a near by Wal-Mart, Target, and fast food places.

I will definitely recommend the Holiday Inn to friends and family that may come to visit in the future (and have returned during our furnace replacement).

Room Tip: I told the front desk that we had a baby and asked them to put us somewhere that we wouldn't dis...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kaia42,

Thank you for the review, but, more importantly, thank you for choosing to come to us in your time of need. We will always be here for you when you need us. I will share your comments with our staff as it is an honor to know that we met and exceeded your every need. Thank you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here for a few days to explore Shenandoah Park and surrounding area. It was a good base and I was a happy with the hotel. The hotel overlooks a golf course and is a little out of town which was nice. The king bed room was a good size and the bathroom was clean. I had a good nights sleep and it was quiet for me. The pool area was very nice and well maintained. The only con I would say is that breakfast is not included, it seems like most hotels now include a complimentary breakfast and hotels trying to be more upscale, which this isn't, don't provide one! Seems silly you have to pay extra for it-it's just a Holiday Inn!! Otherwise, hotel is ok.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Mayo18,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. It really sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We know that you have many options in the area and we appreciate that you choose us. Keep in mind that Holiday Inn Hotels do not offer a complimentary breakfast (Holiday Inn Express Hotels do), however, we do offer a convenient rate that includes a $20 voucher good for any menu item for breakfast at our attached restaurant, Houlihan's. I think you will find this rate to be something that might interest you. Thank you, again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Front Royal
#1 of 3 in Middletown
Hotel Strasburg
Hotel Strasburg
#3 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows? Share your experiences!