Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Front Royal
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was a one-night stay while travelling on vacation. I had a large fully equipped room which was clean and comfortable. I was made welcome and slept well. The staff were pleasant and helpful and the location was quiet. The only downside was that in similar hotels elsewhere I have paid less and have had a complimentary breakfast; I could have breakfasted at the restaurant attached to the hotel but thought it rather dear.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maus59
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Maus59,

We appreciate that you chose to stay at our property and that you took the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property. Our staff will be pleased to know that you found them to be helpful and I am glad you enjoyed your room and got a good night's sleep. We would love to see you return in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We overnighted here to catch a flight from Dulles the following morning. Rooms are very well appointed, extremely clean and neat, and the staff very friendly. The bed was very comfortable, noise level very low, and the location perfect for getting onto the interstate. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bestofspirits

Flickrbug,

Thank you for highly recommending us. We appreciate that you took the time to share such kind words on TripAdvisor. We hope that we become your hotel of choice when you are flying in or out of the area or for any other reason. We wish you safe travels!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn's that I have stayed at. I am a Priority Club member and I have stayed at several differ HI. The staff was very nice and the hotel and rooms are beautiful and well decorated. We stopped for only one night on our way to Baltimore.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Attkica

Attkica,

Thank you for the rating of a "5". I see that you don't often give this rating and that makes this review feel very special. I am very proud of our team at this hotel for providing you with a stay worthy of being one of your best HI stays ever. I will be printing your review and sharing it with our staff.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

from checking in to checking out (and almost everything in between) one of the nicer holiday inn hotels i have stayed in so far.... just dont waste your time with the restaurant, you would be happier if you go just down the road to eat

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank phoneguy070

phoneguy070,

Thank you for your excellent comments regarding the hotel. Your comment regarding the restaurant, Houlihan's, is certainly troubling. I have shared your comment with the GM and the management team of this restaurant and they were upset to hear that they provided you a poor experience. I invite you to contact them at houlihansfrontroyal@gmail.com or contact me at 540-631-3050 so that you can share your concerns further.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I came to Front Royal for our Anniversary to visit the beautiful mountain scenery and to get some peace and quiet. When we pulled up the scenery surrounding the hotel is awesome and it only got better once we were inside. The lobby is very nice and the woman at the front desk was very helpful. When we got to the room I first couldn't believe the size of the room, it was huge! Then I noticed how clean it was! This was by far the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in including the ones I worked in for 15 years! On top of that my husband ordered a bouquet of flowers for me and had it delivered to our room prior to arrival and the hotel did a great job making sure that deal did not fall through. We did eat in the restaurant one night, however neither of us were impressed by the food but the staff and ambiance was great. I recommend going to the Shenandoah National Park if you are able because it is absolutely beautiful and you could spend hours there. Our trip was very relaxing and without issues which was exactly what we were looking for. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Front Royal area and on top of everything you can't beat the room rates!

Room Tip: We did not opt for the "room with a view" and we still had a gorgeous view out of our wind...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kylemichelle

kylemichelle,

Once again, Happy Anniversary! We are very happy that you choose to stay with us for this special occasion and I am proud that we provided you with an excellent stay. I will share you comments regarding cleanliness with our housekeeping team, they work very hard to ensure that the hotel is as clean as possible each and every day and receiving comments like this helps to validate their efforts. We would love for you to come back and visit us again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband stayed at this Holiday Inn one night. It was clean, well located near the Skyline Drive and the staff was hospitable. I had two minor complaints - the bathroom didn't have soap but the front desk responded quickly and brought some to the room. Breakfast was not included and when I went to get coffee in the lobby the creamers were missing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bselikoff

bselikoff,

Thank you for your honest review of the Holiday Inn Front Royal. I apologize that you found your bathroom to be missing soap, but I am glad that the front desk staff promptly responded to this error. While full-service Holiday Inns do not offer a complimentary breakfast (in the way that our limited service brand Holiday Inn Express does), the vast majority of our guests do enjoy the breakfast options available at our restaurant, Houlihan's. I would highly recommend you try this the next time you are in Front Royal.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here and were amazed at the high quality of this hotel. The lobby was beautiful, the room the same level as a supposedly much more expensive and high quality hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The air conditioning is excellent. My husband is a polar bear and he was very happy. The pool was clean. My only complaint is that the water in the pool was very cold. I complained about it but it wasn't fixed by the time I swam at 7:30am the next morning. I jacuzzi was nice and I needed it to thaw out. I am not a fan of Houlihan's in general, but the breakfast there was fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joan R
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Joan R,

Thank you for the thorough review of the hotel. I am very excited that you found your stay, your room and your bed to your liking. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast at Houlihan's too. We hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Front Royal
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows? Share your experiences!