“Average, No Frills”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Franklin
New York
“Average, No Frills”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice room, pretty clean, quiet. Night innkeeper was friendly and professional. Desk clerk upon next morning's checkout had an attitude problem (didn't speak, not even a thank you when we checked out, no smile, I felt like she didn't want to be there). Breakfast consisted of raisin bran, special-k cereals, wheat bread, little eggo waffles that you put in the toaster, yogurt, coffee, and juice. No fruit or pastries. There was 1 small table with 2 chairs for everyone to use. Needless to say, we didn't eat there. However the Huddle House next door was nice, and there is a nice plaza across the street with a great Mexican restaurant. I don't think I could take past 2 nights staying here.

Room Tip: I only stayed 1 night and my room on the first floor was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Largo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

room was very clean and quiet. has a micro. and fridge. all inside enterances beds are just the right softness not to hard not to soft. I would stay here again staff is very nice and helpful also with in walking distance of huddle house

Room Tip: I took a back room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The Adirondacks
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a typical Super 8 - clean and comfortable for one night while traveling, but no place you'd want to spend your vacation. The rooms and lobby were clean and there were no weird odors. The place needs a bit of upkeep (tile falling off the bathroom floor, slightly over-the-hill bed linen), but nothing serious. The TV is an older tube type, not a modern flat-panel television. The internet connection was slow but reliable. A bit unusual was that the check-in clerk insisted on making a photo copy of my driver's license, even though I had paid in full with a credit card when I made my reservation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited in October 2011 for my boyfriend's homecoming game at Chowan University in Murfreesboro NC, the closest hotels to the school was in Franklin VA so I chose Super 8. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.I stayed 1 week. So room service was always showing up asking if I needed anything or if I wanted sheets changed etc. Didnt try the breakfast because it didnt look that tasty. Bed wasn't too bad. Room was a Lil small but for the price it was totally fine. Hotel is located right near the highways and near grocery stores, restaurants, etc.. If I was to return to the area I wouldn't mind staying here again. The price was worth it.

• Stayed October 2012
Virginia
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have stayed here before when visiting family in the area. The room meets the normal standards for this level of hotel.

We were a victim of an attempted identity theft. The front desk put a call through to our room at about 10:30pm. Caller claimed to be office manager; explained that computer system had gone down and they were trying to recover information; offered 30% discount on room and began to ask for CC information, etc. I stopped the call and went to the front desk to verify, but not before they contacted additional family in room next to ours. Some info was provided to the caller, but not enough.

The next morning, I discussed this issue with the General Manager and suggested that he have a policy that any callers after 9pm identify the hotel guest before the call is put through to that room. Not sure if this was an "inside" job or if we were random.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lenzi67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Country Host Inn
Country Host Inn
#2 of 4 in Franklin
Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk

Been to Super 8 Franklin? Share your experiences!