“Shameful”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Franklin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Shameful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

Front desk attitude was blithe, at best; their knowledge about the area was nonexistent. Every time I went to the desk I had to wait or go outside and look for the staff.

The first guest room was not clean and the lock was broken (which I did not realize until the next morning after I had left with my car to go shopping and returned to find I didn't need the key to get in.). When we told the front desk, they moved us to another room (the next day). Luckily nobody had entered the room to steal anything.

The free breakfast was so pitiful we went to a fast food restaurant, instead.

The fitness center room was filled with building materials.

The high speed internet did not work the first night and I was given a technical support number to call; after waiting about 15 minutes, I was encouraged by a recording to leave a message ... I did but they did not return my call. The Internet was fixed the next day but was VERY slow.

One reason we stayed there was because there was supposed to be a pool ... but this pool was empty and being repaired.

There was a garbage can on the stairwell up to our room that had a plastic bag next to it with dog excrement wrapped into it. The smell was atrocious (so bad I thought it was a dead animal) and very noticeable.

The worst part of all this was that the staff could barely speak English. I tried to be patient but the blank stares I was presented with time and time again became most frustrating.

Only when we left did we think to check Tripadvisor and discovered this hotel has had the same or similar problems for YEARS -- as far back as September 2007. I can't believe Day's Inn has let this go on for this long. It will be a long time before I check into any Day's Inn again without checking Tripadvisor after this horrific experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
9 Thank DC_Dreamtraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cambridge, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

This p lace is the pits! Everything was so dirty and nasty. The bathroom was the worst. Our family did not feel safe. It is not a very good neighborhood. We travel quite a bit and know what is expected.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank KendrasTravels
Sharon Hill
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

Worst ever Rented 5 rooms for a family members funeral.rooms were filthy,unsafe-Broken locks and lamps,we had family with asthma in smoking rooms.Car accident nite before damaged rooms and they put people in room overtop.Sinks spraypainted,broken beer bottles,brown frost in freezers ironburns in rugs,phones didn't work,we were to be together and we were all over.Noone at desk ever,We checked in and the young girl had on pjs.Ice machines broken,lights keep going out in bathroom while getting ready for funeral.Shower curtains moldy,found half empty rum bottle in one freezer,no fitted sheets.Made a horrible time for our family that much worse!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
10 Thank SharonHillDukes
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

I was booked for two nights and after the first night I awoke to no iron in the room and calling the front desk the person did not speak good english. Afterward I realize that the shower was not working so I explained it to the front desk and I was given a key to another room to take a shower only, not to switch rooms. When I went to check the other room out it had not been cleaned the bed was not made up there was a wet towel on the floor in the bathroom as well as a wet cloth. In the shower was the soap that someone had just used along with the shampoo that was just used. The tub was not clean at all. Someone had just checked out of that room. So I called Days Inn headquarters to complain and to explain and then checked out.

• Stayed February 2010
12 Thank babyboy101589
Douglassvile PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

My wife and I had an excellent two day stay at this place.
We have been checking out retirement towns and so far Franklin VA is top on our list.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FenderPlayer
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2008

We had a very bad experience in this Days Inn.
1. The entire place is shabby.
2. The rooms smell like cleaning fluid.
3. The breakfast bar had no milk for cereal and frozen danish. It was awful.
4. The people behind the desk could not speak English and we could not communicate with them. We asked about other family members who had reservations for this family reunion. They simply couldn't understand us at all.
5. The desk was unmanned a great deal of the time. Nobody was there and nobody answered the phone. This is a very serious security and health issue, let alone potential legal problem. Our family members could not reach us by phoning the desk.
6. The pool was closed, green and nasty.
7. The beds were made with no fitted sheets which meant that the flat sheets over the pads slipped off during the night, making the beds utterly uncomfortable.
8. Four of our family reunion people who had made reservations, took one look and canceled and moved next door to the Comfort Inn.

• Liked — Northing
  • Disliked — It is clear that this Days Inn is in need of new management and refurbishing.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Manager011
suffolk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2008

This had to be the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The staff spoke very little english which wasnt helpful. They booked me in a smoking room even though I requested a non smoking room. Got a non smoking room that smelled as bad as a smoking room. It was damp and smelled very musty. The Airconditioner was broken and everytime it cycled on it made an awful, loud noise. I dont know which was worse, the damp room or the loud A/C. The bathroom was so nasty that I wouldnt take a shower in it the next morning, instead I drove 45 minutes home to take a shower instead. The toliet was filthy and the bath fixtures were rusty. The light didnt work properly in the bathroom. The remote for the TV didnt work and the only way to turn the TV on was to push the button on the set. The only way to turn off the TV was to unplug it. The sheets had holes in them and believe it or not the bottom sheets were not fitted sheets but flat sheets. The maid service was coming around to clean the room before check out time and they left their jobs at check out time. What a joke. I only stayed here because it was a half way point between home and 2 graduations I had to attend. I should have just spent the money in gas rather than on the hotel. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL.......

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank n2sushi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Country Host Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront
Super 8 Franklin
Super 8 Franklin
#3 of 4 in Franklin

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!