“Great family restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Va, Usa
“Great family restaurant”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have know the owners personally for many, many years. It is true that they don't serve alcohol, but this is a family-friendly restaurant, run by family and regular guests are treated like family. Very busy on Fridays and Saturdays, so get there early or prepare to wait.

Sandwiches (on homemade bread), turnovers (calzones), pizza or other Italian staples a all good, not to mention cannoli and homemade cheesecake for dessert! Wait staff is great and Shari runs a tight ship.

Everybody has their likes and dislikes, but I don't anyone will regret a decision to check out Lil Cuccis!

• Visited January 2013

Amherst, Virginia
“Seriously the best pizza I ever ate!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The waitress was awesome. The chef/owner, Joe, was super friendly. The prices were reasonable. But, then the pizza came. I had a Sicilian. OMG!! This pizza was the best that I have EVER put in my mouth. I couldn't believe that it tasted so good. It is a small restaurant with limited seating, but I didn't care about that. Try the cheesy bread sticks and the Sicilian pizza. It is so good, you will just about die!!! Awesome experience and they will have a customer for life in me!!!!!! I plan on going back again this week.

• Visited September 2012
Virginia
“Gluten Free at this location”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The pizza is ok, not great. A little too much cheese for my taste. I also found that the crust wa inconsistent. Either overcooked or undercooked, but rarely just right (culmination of multiple visits). A big plus:gluten free pizza! It isn't bad.

Visited April 2012
Roanoke, VA
“Delightful people serving dreadful food. And no beer or wine.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

First of all, I don't care how good the pizza is, I am not eating at your restaurant if I can't get a beer. There should be a law about this - no one should be permitted to serve pizza without serving beer. Second, the pizza is awful so it doesn't really matter. The crust is ok, but the sauce tastes like it came out of the cheapest can at the grocery store and the cheese is tasteless. The list of toppings is completely unimaginative and those that I tried were just bad.

The atmosphere is blah. I suppose this location hasn't been here all that long, but it strikes me that this is one of those "family" restaurants that has been around since the sixties and has never done anything to improve or upgrade its menu or ingredients over the years.

The servers and cashier were incredibly nice and friendly. The people who run this place seem like genuinely wonderful folks. The place was very crowded on the Friday night we were there. Because they are so nice, I am happy the proprietors of Lil Cucci's seem to be doing well. Fortunately for them, a lot of people apparently don't drink beer and don't really care what their food tastes like.

With excellent pizzeria options in Lynchburg like Rivermont and Waterstone, I will never eat at Lil Cucci's again.

1 Thank ovidius57
Forest
“Great Philly Steak”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I love the philly steak sandwich. The owner remembers everyones name. Very friendly, clean and good prices

Visited August 2012