“A Nice Surprise in Forest, Virginia”
Review of Benjamin's

Benjamin's
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Forest
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Amherst, Virginia
“A Nice Surprise in Forest, Virginia”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We live on one side of the city of Lynchburg and rarely find ourselves on the Forest side, but did so last night at supper time. The marquis outside Benjamin's read "Wine Night Mondays". That's all I needed to know. I had pork medallions au poivre and my wife had pan seared salmon. Both meals were as good as we have ever had, including at a lot more expensive places. Getting a nice South African Shiraz at half price was an added benefit. The service was excellent and the decor (old farm implements and such) was interesting. The one thing to know is that parking is a little tricky. This could be our new favorite (relatively) local restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
BenjaminMcGehee, Owner at Benjamin's, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the review and kind words.

Appomattox, Virginia
“Great Valentine's Day Experience!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiance and I chose Benjamin's to celebrate our 6th Valentine's Day together. We made a reservation days in advance and our table was waiting for us when we arrived. I know our server, Lyndsay, was busy but we were so happy with the service! Our drinks were promptly delivered to us by the hostess! Our server was over almost immediately to tell us the specials for the night. We were so impressed that she didn't slip up. (That's a lot to memorize) I had the pasta special with seafood and my fiance had the lobster special. They were both delicious! We didn't have to wait too long for our food and the drinks kept us happy until then. We were both highly impressed by the level of service we received on what must be one of the busiest nights of the year. We will definitely be coming back! Highly recommended. Kudos to the wonderful staff!

• Visited February 2013
BenjaminMcGehee, Owner at Benjamin's, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words, and allowing us to share this special day with you.
“Outstanding Lunch Meal”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had an outstanding lunch. The meal was the Smokehouse Chicken Club just as it comes on the menu. The chicken was very tasty and real tender. Could not have asked for a better sandwich.

• Visited February 2013
BenjaminMcGehee, Owner at Benjamin's, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate you.
Roger72698
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is great!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I always enjoy dinner with my family here. My sons love the burgers. The staff is attentive and always understanding, we sometimes leave a mess.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Roger72698
BenjaminMcGehee, Owner at Benjamin's, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and continued support. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Benjamin
“What an awful restaurant experience all around! Eww!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've never written a review before but this visit required a warning for any other hungry soul!! Been here a few times~ always have to wait FOREVER for an order. The staff behaves like you are an inconvenience from the moment you walk in. The idea is great but theyve done a terrible job. The reviews that mentioned a great burger- Lord help you! I curse McDonalds- never eat there- but i'd imagine even a burger there had better flavor. Great cows? Not here! Seriously- just dont go. & its a shame this is like the only place open on sunday. If you want grumpy staff, overcooked food that takes an hour- god help you if u ask for something extra, overpricing- they even charged us wrong for one sandwich, knew it was priced wrong & still tried to give us the bill instead of taking the time to fix it- although that took another 20 mins, & all of the other tables that stare at you while you eat- then by all means- go for it! At least its pretty clean...

BenjaminMcGehee, Owner at Benjamin's, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear LoveOrganicLocal,
I am very sorry your recent dining experience on Sunday was unsatisfactory. Although we experienced a higher than normal volume on Sunday, that is no excuse for the service and quality you received. It is my/our desire that every customer be treated with the utmost respect, and that each meal is prepared with the highest quality ingredients and attention to detail.
Please allow us another opportunity to earn back your trust. I would like to treat you to another meal prepared by me personally. Please contact me at your convenience.
Thank you for your feedback, as we strive to continually improve our quality and service.
Benjamin

Been to Benjamin's? Share your experiences!