“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of Hotel Floyd

Hotel Floyd
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Floyd
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ohio
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Floyd as our half way stop from Ohio to Myrtle Beach. My husband just happened to pick Floyd, VA on a map and we found this hotel from there. Everyone we came in contact with was extremely nice and pleasant. The hotel was beautiful and very unique. WHEN we return to this hotel we will try to stay over a weekend, this past stay was on a Monday and it is an absolute dead town on Mondays....probably recovering from the big weekend bash I have read about. Overall, exellent and quiet place to stay, we were very impressed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Navan, Ireland
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Hi
We were visiting from Ireland and arrived in Floyd to attend the Jamboree in the Floyd Country Stores. The minute that we walked into the oasis of calm we knew it was something special!!! Painting and pieces of art by local artists and an informative book that Iread late into the night explaing the pieces and a brief history of the artists and their special region where they draw inspiration.
The furnishings and decor were beautiful without being over the top. My two children were in heaven with flat screen TV and a superb sound system. Microwave and fridge for convenience. Enormous four poster bed meant we could have a lie on the following morning and walk 2 minutes around the corner to enjoy fabulous food in the Blue Ridge Restaurant. Music and company were great at the Friday night Jamboree. Made some great friends......... Bought a Ukulele and did not want to leave this pretty town and it'swonderful people!!!! Thanks to Kelly and all the staff. We would to return again someday soon!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed June 10, 2009

My wife and I did an anniversary trip staying two nights at Hotel Floyd. Maybe the most comfortable hotel stay we've enjoyed for a long time. I couldn't believe as an early riser, I slept till nearly 8am. The hotel may not be for everyone, but the attention to detail and uniqueness in the construction make this "eco-friendly" facility something to experience.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Front Royal
Reviewed April 19, 2009

If you are ever traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway,and need overnight accomodations,look no farther than the Hotel Floyd! Of all the places my wife and I have stayed over the years,none compare to it. Each room is has a different theme and when we opened the door to our room we were blown away!! It was impeccably clean and the furnishings were all made by local artisians. Your in walking distance to downtown Floyd were there is free music at the Floyd General Store on Friday nights. Bring your chair! We have made the Hotel Floyd our "must stay at" overnight destination as we explore more of the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway and all that the mountains have to offer.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wjmcbride
Virginia
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I travel often on business to the Southwestern part of VA. I am usually bound by the rules of the company to stay in a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn, both of which are fine. But neither of these hotels were anywhere near where I was going in Floyd, VA. I happened upon this hotel while searching the Internet for a reasonable place to stay. I was more than pleasantly surprised to find this hotel! It was clean, well maintained, and super comfortable. An added bonus is that it is a green hotel, making me feel all that much better about choosing it. The owner was kind and made me feel very welcome. The bedding was luxurious and the room was decorated beautifully ( I was in the Harvest Moon room with a king bed). There was free trade coffee that I made in the morning, and it was delicious. The hotel also has free wi-fi, a must for my business travel. The town of Floyd is really neat with lots of artsy shops and book stores. I only wish the weather had been better so I could have enjoyed the town of Floyd more. I will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — It's unique style and comfort.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HotelFloydManager, Manager at Hotel Floyd, responded to this review, January 16, 2009
I wanted to personally thank you for such kind remarks. Tripadvisor is a great resource to us and the hospitality industry. Comments like yours helps potential guests make lodging decisioins when visiting small areas and towns. Once again thank you for the kind review and we here at Hotel Floyd look forward to having you back someday.

Derek
Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2008

The Hotel Floyd saved us! Our initial plans fell through and we called on a Saturday morning hoping to get one suite and one single room that afternoon - and that's exactly what they had left. When we entered our rooms our jaws collectively dropped in awe. Art, furniture, everything made locally by the artisans in Floyd. Gorgeous hard wood floors, very high ceilings, three, count 'em, three flat screen televisions in our two bedroom suite - the tv in the sitting room area had surround sound complete with sub-woofer. Fridge, microwave, bar-style sink, two bathrooms that were beautifully tiled - accent tiles hand made by a potter whose work was all over town - all quite unexpected and much appreciated.. I slept like a baby -comfy beds, cordless phones, clean, green, perfect for our allergy plagued companion. Not only a great room but quite reasonably priced as well.
My group had initially rejected this hotel because the photos on the website were uninspiring. Those photos look like they were taken before all furnishings were in place. The hotel is within walking distance of many of the fun places in the town of Floyd and minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, wineries, Mabry Mill, the Jacksonville Center, and so much more. Our stay there completely changed our weekend for the better and allowed us to enjoy the many fantastic spots Floyd County & environs have to offer.
I am already planning a return trip with my hubby & kids. (This trip was with sisters, sister-in-law, and mom.)

• Liked — So clean, roomy, and conveniently located.
  • Disliked — Parking isn't as convenient to the rooms as I'd like.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Bristol
Reviewed August 17, 2008

Best hotel we stayed in during our travels to Memphis and its friendly to the planet - need I say anymore?

• Liked — Rooms were clean and modern
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Michael H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Floyd
Oak Haven Lodge
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Christiansburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg

Been to Hotel Floyd? Share your experiences!