“Lovely hotel in a lovely town....”
Review of Hotel Floyd

Hotel Floyd
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Floyd
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I wanted to escape the bustle of the holidays so we scheduled a one night trip to Floyd. We had visited the town numerous times but had never stayed overnight there. The Hotel Floyd seemed ideal, and it was. We had booked a standard king room but decided to upgrade to a suite. The woman in the office was helpful, efficient, and very friendly. She gave us a brochure with all of the week's town events and the hours and descriptions of restaurants. Our suite was immaculate, well lit, and comfortable. Nice bedding, nice linens...We arrived in the rain on a Sunday, so there was no construction going on, but I could hear work Monday morning. Other reviews mentioned how intrusive this was, but we were not bothered by the noise.
I really appreciated the attention given to eco-friendly details at the hotel. I would certainly recommend this lodging and would certainly return to stay again. Floyd is a unique town and the Hotel Floyd fits in perfectly.

Room Tip: Suites are all on the top floor. We stayed in the Writer's suite, which was far from the constr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annabellesma

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We booked this hotel with no idea of what to expect from the accommodations, Location or even what to expect in the town of Floyd. We could not be happier with our choice. Hotel Floyd is charming, convenient and relaxing.
We stayed in one of the suites, 2 bedrooms, living room and kitchenette. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean.
Cant wait to return.

Room Tip: If you arrive at night, don't drive to downtown:)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had a great time at the Floyd Hotel. We stayed in the FloydFest room which was smallish, but lovely, with a delightfully eclectic decor and all locally made furniture. The room was comfortable, charming and quiet. The only reason for the lower rating is that the entire property is currently under expansion, making it somewhat less than perfect with all the construction debris visible, and the associated upsets you might expect with any development project in progress. It's a great location, with excellent access to the Blue Ridge Parkway and all of its attractions.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Redbird810
HotelFloydManager, General Manager at Hotel Floyd, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

We sincerely apologize for the construction on our expansion project. Soon the siding will go up and the building will look more appealing and the site will be more pleasing to the eye. Thank you also for your nice comments about our hotel.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is not my first visit. I have been coming to the hotel since it opened and try to come at least once a year. I am a frequent visitor to Floyd, and actually own a house within 10 miles of the hotel that I could access, but the hotel is something that I look forward to as a nice respite. Comfortable beds, great people, beautiful rooms, and I enjoy browsing the shops and dining at all of the 'walking distance' shops and restuarants.

Room Tip: I've stayed in multiple rooms and have never had a bad room. They are all lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is not our first visit. We came in the spring to see the rhodendrums in bloom along the blue-ridge parkway. Now we are back the see the leaves change. Hotel Floyd is a wonderful hotel that focuses on saving our natural resources. Nice hardwood flooring, recycle bins available real cups and glasses. I am happy to see that they are adding 24 news rooms and lobby. Construction should be completed by early 2014. We love to walk to the nearby shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Make early reservations for the weekends. I hear that the music is great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My daughter and I were traveling through with infants. First the negative: We arrived in late afternoon and the din from the construction at the hotel was almost overwhelming. And we had a lot of stuff to lug from the car to the room which was not easy to get to. There were trucks from the construction site in the nearest parking spots. However, the construction won't last forever and the room was nice and clean with amenities that counted: a fridge/freezer, great fair trade coffee (no awful pods or cheap coffee), and, best of all, a very comfy bed. I think the bathroom lighting could be improved. But I would stay here again if I ever pass through this part of the Virginia again.

Room Tip: I would select an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Hotel Floyd is a perfect place to stay. It is in walking distance to the entire quaint downtown area. The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and very clean. They are still under construction of phase 2 of the development (as of late October), so the constant beeping of the utility vehicles was a bit distracting since we stayed over on a weekday. Otherwise, our stay was awesome and I certainly highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chateau Morrisette room. Very nice. The bed is incredibly comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Floyd
Oak Haven Lodge
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Christiansburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Hotel Floyd? Share your experiences!