“Wonderful bed and breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Floyd
Stoney Meadow Inn B&B
Ranked #3 of 7 Floyd B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Janet and George are the ultimate hostess and host. It's more like staying with old friends than a bed and breakfast. It is a beautiful location right off the Blue Ridge Parkway and an inviting and homey B & B. If you are traveling the Parkway I highly recommend you stay there. Janet made a superb breakfast and then dined with us. We were almost late leaving because we were enjoying the conversation so much.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just got back home from our weekend getaway to the Floyd Va. area. It was exactly what my wife & I was needing. Our hosts Janet & George greeted us & treated us like family and made us feel comfortable being in their home. Coffee & cake was made available to us upon arrival, and their recommendations as to where to dine in Floyd was helpful. Many have commented on the great breakfast that Janet prepares, and all are correct! The room (suite) is large, and the soaking tub was super after our hike on the Parkway. I would think the grounds would be especially nice in the spring/summer, but for a winter getaway, it was mighty fine.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snurb55
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We recently enjoyed our stay at this warm and friendly family home B&B near Floyd VA. Janet and George are wonderful hosts who made us feel so welcome. An early morning walk around the farm and then breakfast around the large dining table was delightful not just for the delicious food but the conversation too. Maybe not the easiest place to find on a first visit but to be fair this was down to our following independent directions and not those on the B&B website. When we had a little difficulty finding them Janet went out of her way to find us and guide us in! We love the Floyd area and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights here in early July and what a bargain for such wonderful hospitality! Homemade cake and other goodies await your arrival with a wonderful hostess. It is off the beaten path just a bit but we loved it more because of that. The town of Floyd is quaint and has become one of our favorite places. I do not think you will be disappointed in your stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Recently stayed at this very private house. It was like being at home. No kidding- You have the entire first floor of the house, full kitchen and living room, and back porch as well, at your fingertips. Janet and George were wonderful hosts. Breakfast was plentiful and very good, and Janet's mother's homemade bread made it even better!! We took a walk every morning, enjoying the beautiful property and local roads. The is a friendly family dog- and horses, goats and chickens on the property let you know you are away from city life. But don't shy away, the house is beautiful, very clean, and every thing you could possible want or need is available. A friend and I met at Stoney Meadow to catch up after many years and it was a perfect place for relaxed visiting. It is a bit hard to find (be sure to print out a map and take it with you as you will likely lose your GPS signal). Yet it is very easy to find Floyd from the house once you know where you are. It is immediately off of the Blue Ridge Parkway, so perfect for touring. I would definitely return. It was a lovely weekend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy41378
Reviewed August 10, 2012

A beautiful house, a wonderful hostess, and a great breakfast. What more could you ask for? Maybe - a directional sign or two. We arrived late and our GPS got us close, but not close enough. We drove all the way to Floyd and phoned from a restaurant. The owner came and guided us there, bless her. But a sign or two on the road would have saved us all a lot of time and frustration.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David T
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was in the middle of my motorcycle tour of 8,000 miles--travelling up the Blue Ridge Parkway, when I landed at the Nester's place. Janet and George accepted me as if I were a family member. I was invited to share their home as if it were mine. It was the farthest I could imagine from a motel. I was invited and chose to visit their menagerie of animals. I even fed the fish. It was literally staying at a home in the country. The next time I'm staying in that area, they'll be the first I call.

Ron Kelley

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Stoney Meadow Inn B&B? Share your experiences!