“Different, wholesome food - delicious & affordable”
Review of Oddf3llows

Oddf3llows
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Floyd
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh, local, seasonal food prepared simply, and artfully. The meals prepared by Chef Sterling are best described as Fusion cuisine with a southern flare. All served in a relaxed atmosphere. Don't forget to try our unique "Oddbar" upstairs.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Oddfellas advertises itself as serving local and wholesome food. It is also delicious. For very reasonable prices, you get whopping portions but, more importantly, it has great flavor. There is usually live music. The first Friday of each month is an Irish jam session. It is excellent background music and great quality.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

To start, I didn't plan on going to Odd Fellas this trip; but it just happened. I came at an off hour, before the time at which they are open for dinner. I was told by the owner to check out the tavern upstairs; I had no idea there WAS a tavern upstairs. The beer selection was fantastic, and the service was extremely friendly. I took up excess counter-space while reviewing my photos (without complaint) I had taken earlier in the day, and I was helped in finding a plug for my camera charger.

This is not my first trip to Odd Fellas, but my first in a long time. The dinner menu seemed a little vegetarian light, after I made the comment to my waiter about missing the "Rainbow"; he told me to wait a minute. After returning from the kitchen, he said I could get the item. Without having the item ingredients already prepared - the food still came out promptly, with all of the flavour and quality of my past experiences. I hadn't eaten anything that day, but the meal over-stuffed my hunger. I also got a small side of tortilla chips and fresh "red" pico de gallo. The marriage was perfect between side and main dish.

The food was incredibly fresh. The red cabbage tasted like it was picked on the same morning. The tofu had an excellent taste, perfectly complimented by the made in-house peanut sauce. Every single aspect of this meal was of the highest "casual dining" level. The beans were at an ideal ratio with the other ingredients. Although some might argue, I would say this place is almost deserving of a Michelin star. I've never been even slightly disappointed here. Forgetting value for the money, this meal would have been appreciated at a much higher price tag; although I'm glad it was modestly priced!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Really good food and great variety. they also offer good entertainment and an aclectic environment filled with various odds and ends.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had 2 out of town guests from Austin, Tx and decided to show them the Floyd Friday night scene along with a meal.
Starting with the live music, we all enjoyed the atmosphere, service and good food at Odd Fellas. We sampled the stuffed pork, tamale, halibut and grilled vegetable entrees. The emphasis is on healthy and local. Very tasty meals. For desert, tiramisu and hummingbird cake were a great treat to compliment a fine meal. Good selection of microbrews.
We all enjoyed the meals and music. Very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank BlueridgeCharlie
Reviewed November 4, 2012

unfortunately, we were there on a Wednesday for one night and didn't know that music is only on the weekend. Restaurant was friendly and good.

Been to Oddf3llows? Share your experiences!