“Charming and Comfortable B&B”
Review of Bella La Vita Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Floyd
Bella La Vita Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Floyd B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Warm Springs, Virginia, United States
“Charming and Comfortable B&B”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a lovely inn tucked away on a country road just outside of Floyd. My room, Panis Angelicus, was very pretty and well-appointed and had a balcony overlooking the garden. The hosts, Lisal and Mark are so welcoming and gracious. The breakfasts are great! I loved my time at Bella La Vita and plan to return often. It's one the best B&Bs I've stayed at and I've traveled a lot.

Room Tip: I loved the Panis Angelicus room on the back of the inn - it was very quiet - and it was dark at nig...
Green Features: The hosts are very environmentally aware. Their great breakfasts are centered around local produce too.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank toulouse531
bellalavitainn, Owner at Bella La Vita Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here at Bella! We are very appreciative of feedback from our guests - as we know we all live very busy lives. We are proud to be Greenleader for TripAdvisor! We work hard to incorporate environmentally friendly practices into every aspect of running our Inn. Using locally produced products help sustain our small community too. Thank you for taking note of these details. We look forward to seeing you again here at Bella!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Woodstock, VT
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My trip to Floyd, VA was unexpected due to the death of a beloved family member, so it was not easy because of the popularity of Floyd's weekly Friday Jamboree, and after finding no rooms at other inns, someone recommended Bella La Vita. I admit that I assumed it was probably mediocre since I was able to book the room I needed, but the warmth and genuine effort shown by Lisal to accommodate me for 4 nights -- even if it meant staying in one room for the first 2 nights and then helping me move to another for the second two -- was really appreciated. It seemed to be quite a distance from Floyd, but in fact, was only about 5 minutes, through lovely scenery with mountain vistas, rolling hills, and farmland. When I arrived, I was unsure since there were some less than up-scale homes nearby. But once I entered Bella La Vita Inn, it was magical.
The rooms were charming, clean, spacious, and extremely comfortable, with with every amentity anyone might need. There was even a gas burning fireplace that added not only the perfect touch of warmth on a chilly night, but a very romantic touch as well. The grounds were beautiful, calming, and designed for pure relaxation. But the most unexpected part was breakfast. There is breakfast, and then there is La Bella Vita breakfast! Served homestyle, with other guests, at the reasonable hour of 9 am, EVERYTHING WAS HOME-MADE AND MADE TO ORDER with consideration given to individual food preferences, needs, allergies, etc (you are asked explicitly about food requirements when you make the reservation) and her home made tarts, quiches, give instant testimony to the fact that Lisal is a gourmet chef! Who ever imagined getting a Michelin 3 star breakfast in Floyd VA! I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, but if you need help with bags, Lisal and Matt are happy to help.
Green Features: The owners -- Lisal and Matt -- are also eco-conscious -- recycling of trash, compost, etc. Much appreciated by me as a Vermonter!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to give a detailed review of your experience here at Bella! Input from our guests is what fuels our desire to work toward excellence. We are delighted that you found a respite here with us during a very difficult and stressful time. We hope you will visit us again here in Floyd when you come to see your family...
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had a wonderful time at Bella La Vita inn!! Warm and inviting like a home away from home! Looking forward to our next visit! Lisal and Matthew were very knowledgable and experienced with fun activities to do in the local area would recommend a stay here to everyone I know!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
bellalavitainn, Owner at Bella La Vita Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Bella with others! Feedback from our guests is what keeps us aware that we are doing the best job we can. We take every review and suggestion to heart - thanks again. We hope to see you here at Bella again soon...
Perth
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were stopping off in Floyd for one night and we found this beautiful B&B for us to stay in. The hosts Lisal and Matt were very warm and welcoming. We stayed in the gorgeous knights room which had a lovely outlook to the front of the property and super comfy beds. A superb and delicious breakfast was made for us and Lisal shared some recipies which I will attempt to recreate when we get back to Australia. The only sad thing was that we couldn't stay for longer!
If you are ever in Floyd, please do yourself a favour and stay here. You will not be disappointed.
Thanks again Lisal and Matt.

Amy and Ben.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank neirbo78
Thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate that you took the time to share this with others. We try hard to make sure our guests from all over the world feel like they are at home. We hope the rest of your trip through the USA was wonderful in every way! Cheers...
Kernersville
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Bella La Vita Is a beautiful , romantic and warm place for a peaceful mountain getaway. My Husband and I choose to come here each year as our Christmas gift. Lisal and Matthew welcome us with warmth and great hospitality !! Their home is beautiful and very welcoming. The brekfast is so tasty and beyond description. I whole heartedly recommend this beautiful and wonderful home away from home!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Susan A
bellalavitainn, Owner at Bella La Vita Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Repeat guests tell us we are doing something right! We were delighted to see you again this year. We hope this become more than just an annual visit - maybe we will see you with your family soon. We love to get to know our guests, learn about their joys and their extended families. Thank you for sharing your experience here with others...
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We've stayed here 3 or four times and love it so much I decided to propose here. Very warm and romantic atmosphere, and we love the hosts Lisal and Matthew. Stayed over Valentine's weekend and it was perfect!

Mike and Oya

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank m m
bellalavitainn, Owner at Bella La Vita Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We are so very honored that you chose Bella for this very special occasion in your lives! We work hard to make sure that all of our guests feel comfortable and relaxed with a bit of pampering added to the mix. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We look forward to seeing you again someday soon!
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 8, 2014

After getting a rare 2 days off with my husband we took a chance at a late reservation. Called the next morning with the news welcome to our home. Arrived at what is the coldest temperatures on record but the warmth of Inn and the hosts were fabulous. Loved the town and the music we got to hear. But there was nothing like sitting by the fire, petting the dogs and watching nature outside. The food was fabulous and so was the conversation. It was definitely a place to recommend!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denise M
bellalavitainn, Owner at Bella La Vita Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Bella! It means the world to us. We are so happy that you chose us and were able to truly relax. Thanks for braving the coldest temps on record here! It was fun getting to know you and sharing some time together. We look forward to seeing you again in the Spring!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Floyd
Oak Haven Lodge
#1 of 1 in Rocky Mount
Clay Corner Inn
Clay Corner Inn
#1 of 4 in Blacksburg

Been to Bella La Vita Inn? Share your experiences!