“Different Chef?”

Mickey G's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Floyd
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mickey G's Bistro & Pizzeria specializes in authentic Italian fare and hand tossed brick oven pizza's, calzones, & stromboli's. We have fresh seafood brought straight from the coast from the lovely ladies at Indigo Farm Seafood every Wednesday. In addition to ordering off the menu, you can order chef's choice or dine family style. Offering an all you can eat buffet on weekdays 11-2:30. Kids (10 and under) eat free every Thursday from 4-7 PM. In town deliveries for orders of $10 and up on weekdays between 11-2 PM. Monday offers 2 large one topping pizzas for $20 (take-out only). 10% Off all to-go pizzas from 3-5 PM daily (not included with the Monday pizza deal). We offer a full catering menu in addition to custom catering.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family went to Mickey G's this evening. We were so disappointed. First, we ate at this restaurant a couple of months ago and it was excellent. Tonight, my eggplant parmesan was soggy and tasteless. The bread was plain and did not taste fresh. The dipping oil very blah (the last time it was extraordinary). The marinara sauce was awful--before it was excellent. I raved to my family before we arrived and I must say that I was embarrassed. The service was excellent--very efficient. We won't go back.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (369)

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

DELICIOUS FOOD! This place is always high on our list everytime we are in the area.
A wonderful menu with fair prices for the quality. We learned of this from locals.
The whole experience of Floyd, Va is charming and full of live music.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

Mickey G’s is our favorite restaurant in Floyd and has consistently delivered outstanding food and service. We decided to ride the bike and a trip to Floyd and another visit to Mickey’s was the obvious choice for Labor Day. We waited at least 10 minutes to be seated which was frustrating. A server eventually appeared and we both ordered sweet tea. We finished them off and she eventually showed back up to refill but said she was a trainee and couldn’t take our order. We real server finally showed up to take our order. We got a large Caesar salad and split it and it is a great salad - fresh and crunch lettuce and just the right amount of tangy dressing. My wife had a Lucy sandwich and I had a hot Luigi. At least 25 minutes for them to finally show up. The sandwiches were both very good but chips???? Really??? Not very inspired. How about a good pasta salad??? The food was just as good as always but the service, or lack thereof, is an issue which I hope they address.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended. If I had had my wits about me I would have stuck with the more simpler fair. But my love for Italian food and the recommendations caused me venture further into the menu.Unfortunately, what I choose proved not to be their specialty. My husband, who chose more traditional dish, Lasagna, thoroughly enjoyed his meal! Darn my palate for desiring the unusual.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

I like to try new places to eat but sometimes I’m a little hesitant, especially in rural areas. When searching for an Italian restaurant I came across Mickey G’s Bistro and figured I would give it a try. Being from the northeast it’s sometimes difficult to find Italian food that tastes like home. I brought a friend with me whose idea of Italian food was Olive Garden, she was amazed at the difference! We started with Garlic Knots with Cheese and an Antipasto. She had never had these things before and was blown away by the flavor. I had lasagna and she had a chicken dish (don’t recall the name). Throughout the meal we couldn’t help but rave about the food. Then we had dessert....tiramisu and cannoli, both were incredibly delicious. She had cannoli once before and didn’t like it but she loved theirs. Well worth the hour drive! They’ll be one of my favorite places.

Date of visit: July 2019

Been to Mickey G's Bistro? Share your experiences!